bluetooth connection is problematic

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    Hi
    @disposalist
    Maybe useful....
    There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 and above and the and the Tomtom 'MyDrive App' and the advanced Smartphone features... If you can live without the bells & whistles (Smartphone Messaging) of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....

Some tips you may want to see/try....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1741299/#Comment_1741299

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • disposalist
    disposalist Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for the answer. I actually tried to remove that 'question' as I entered it by accident, hence it's huge vagueness.
    Also, I've worked it out... kind of.
    I'm using a Galaxy S21 Ultra (Android), so it's not the iOS issue.
    The problem I had was just down to the device being connected via WiFi at the same time. Ridiculous, I know, but I've tested and reproduced it.
    If I disconnect WiFi (you have to Forget the network on the device) then I can set up bluetooth, but as soon as I reconnect with WiFi, the device tells me it has disconnected the traffic data (not the phonebook stuff, oddly) and the MyDrive phone app tells me "the device is too far away" or something useless.
    If I then disconnect the WiFi the bluetooth connection reconnects.
    I hope this helps someone else.
  • beamzer
    beamzer Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    It seems like bluetooth is a lost cause, at least on my Rider 550. I tried everything (iPhone 6 & 8, IOS 13 & 14) but is never ever worked reliable. Worst part of course is that Tomtom is completely silent about this issue. When you spend the money to buy an A brand, you expect A class service.

I once got an old Nikon Ixus 2MP digital camera from my parents because it only made black photo's. Turned out is was a known sensor defect with that model. The asked me to send it in and returned a brand new 7MP Ixus. Now that is A class service.