Impossible to connect to TomTom-server since 3 days now

Herwig
Herwig Registered Users Posts: 11
Master Traveler
edited August 2021 in TomTom Services
Hi, I have a valid Live service until 27-Feb-2022 and since Friday, my Carminat TomTom Live is not able to connect to the TomTom-server, hence no traffic information is downloaded and I got guided into huge traffic jams.
Is there a problem with my built-in device?
Thanks and kind regards, Herwig

Best Answer

• Herwig
    Master Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Since to today, all is back to normal. And I did not have do/fix anything :)

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
    Superuser
  • Jos40
    Jos40 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hi, I have a valid Live service until 26-06-2022 and since Friday, my tom tom go apps is not able to connect to the TomTom-server, hence no traffic information is downloaded and I got guided into huge traffic jams.
  • Herwig
    Master Traveler
    edited August 2021
    Hello, thank you very much for your reply, but I do not understand.
    My Carminat Renault tomtom (built-in) has served me well for over 10 years (since 2010) and I have always extended my Cards and Live Services subscriptions.
    Your link is very general and yes I browsed but not found an answer.
    (I remember once there was a fire in the TomTom telecom center in the past and during that time there was also a connection problem)
    So to refocus my question: is the problem with the TomTom Carminat or is the problem with the TomTom telecom center?
    Bàv, Herwig

Mod edit: Machine translated (French)
  • Herwig
    Master Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Since to today, all is back to normal. And I did not have do/fix anything :)
  • Herwig
    Master Traveler
    Again, my Carminat TomTom is unable to connect to the TomTom-server, since Saturday - 5 days now !!!. My Live services are until 27-feb-2022 !!
    can someone please let me know what is going on, as I had the same issue just in last august.
    I am using Live services since 2011 - and had no issues until august 2021.
    Thanks and kind regards, Herwig
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,430
    Revered Voyager
    To try
    Complete reset to factory settings, then do not log into your tomtom account on the device.
  • Herwig
    Master Traveler
    Thanks for the quick response, but does this mean that i will loose all my favorit places? Then I rather not do that - as last time in August, it resolved by itself.
    And many, many years ago it resolved by itself as well, but then this connection issues were caused by a fire in the Vodaphone telecom center in the Netherlands.