TomTom GO not running on Tablet — TomTom Community

TomTom GO not running on Tablet

ralfsteckralfsteck Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
Up to early Aufgust, I had Tomtom Go running on Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) tablet like a charm. With the newest update, Tomtom crashes when I start the app, even after resetting the device to factory settings and only Go installed (3GB internal memory free, 120GB of fresh formatted SD available).

What can I do? If the Tab A is too outdated, which new 7" tablet is compatible to TomTom Go?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,597 Moderator
    Hi @ralfsteck

Welcome to the Community! Can you provide us with the Android version and GO App version installed on your Tablet?

Best, lampard
  • ralfsteckralfsteck Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    it's on the recent official versions, Android 5.1.1 and TomTom Go 3.2.12. Everything was fine up to an update around August 8./9th.
  • lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Probably the problem sucks the Android version.
    This tablet can be upgraded to version 8.1.0
    I see, there are different Tab A 2016. Mine is the SM-T 280 Tab A 7.0 2016.

There is an Android 8 upgrade for the Tab A 10.1 2016 but (according to the software upgrade in the tablet) nothing new for my tablet.

Anyway, TomTom states "Adroid 5 and higher" as prerequisite.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 369 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited August 17
    ralfsteck wrote: »
    Anyway, TomTom states "Adroid 5 and higher" as prerequisite.
    May be it's wrong.
    For AmiGO TT had set the min version to 6.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1137410/only-the-best-amigo-on-android-6-0-and-up#latest
    I can only believe what TomTom says. And it ran smoothlyx until a few days ago.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,597 Moderator
    Hi @ralfsteck

Thanks for confirming! I've sent it to my team for the investigation, do you happen to know what was the last working version on your tablet?

Best, lampard
    As I run every update, the version before 3.2.12 :-)
    no new ideas?
  • BiomacBiomac Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited September 16
    I have two tablets: a lenovo Tab 7 running Android 5.0.1 and a huawai mediapad 7" running android 6

My phone (sony Xperia premium running android 9) works perfect.

I tried a lot of things (clearing SD card, removing SD card, reinstall program, rebooting tablet with manufacter-settings - no success, the app stops working while starting up on both tablets - I have been using the Lenovo device for the past 3 years with no problem, but after the last update it crashed, the same go's for the Huawai (which is my mothers)

This discussion was created from comments split from: TomTom GO stopped working!.
  • eribajantjeeribajantje Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited September 21
    GO app does not work on my Lenovo Tablet TB3-710F. In 2019 the app worked well on the same tablet, now the app stops automatically, I can't get the app working

Mod edit: Machine translated from Dutch!
  • eribajantjeeribajantje Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Heeft er dan niemand een oplossing
  • TrevorCSRTrevorCSR Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The updated app does not work on my Samsung SM-T280. I have two of these, one I have prevented from updating, so the old app still works. But the other does not work with update.
    Likewise it does not work on the Chinese in car unit that has Android 10.