TomTom is slowing up just like my old ones

DanB80
DanB80 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi All, having stuck with TomTom all my driving life, i'm finding a common problem which is quite frustrating as i dont want to use another make/model as TomTom is easy to use when working properly. I have a Go premium X which i have had now for over a year, but now finding when jumping in to the van and switching on, i have to wait ages for the unit to let me press the search button to input an address. this was not an issue before, i cant drive off as normal like others do because i am waiting for the thing to wake up and work for me. Anything i can do to get it back to normal speed otherwise its goodbye TomTom and just use the one built in the van with google maps. Thanks in advance

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,424
    Exalted Pioneer
    reset factory
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @DanB80
    Welcome to the site....
    Are you using 'Sleep Mode' or 'Turning the device off' (Long push on the power button for the power menu then selecting 'Turn Off')

My Go Premium from Sleep to ready to use 2.16 Seconds (Stopwatch)
    From Turned Off mode to ready to use, 54.03 Seconds (Stopwatch)

I find the Wi-Fi devices are more stable and more responsive in general use when you 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection....
    For More Info See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1763247/#Comment_1763247

400 MB is considered the bare minimum Free Working Space
    The more Free Space the faster the device will operate
    Check Free Space... Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Free Space....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DanB80
    DanB80 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi thanks for reply, I just switch it off so it’s on sleep mode every time. It’s just freezes on certain parts, for example the search button can be displayed and when I press it it will go blue acknowledging that I have pressed it but nothing happens for a good 10 seconds. Also my memory is 11GB so that’s not an issue. I have now reset the sat nav to factory setting by choosing the option on the settings on the actual device, is there a more in depth reset or is that the main one? Thanks both for replies