2 Queries with a new GO Discover

John-Jay
John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 746
Revered Pioneer
1) When I go into "Menu", I notice the the "Settings" has an Exclamation Mark against it, selecting it & the ONLY thing against the next Sub-Menu items is a "39" against "Map & Display", selecting this tells me that "Updates are available", selecting that takes me to "Europe" (with NO other choices), selecting that takes me to a list of European Countries with ONLY the option to "Delete" - there is NO option to Update! Incidentally, there is an Option to "Add", but this is greyed out! How do I get the Updates?

2) When I go into "Menu" & select "?" & then "About", I'm advised that my "Installed Maps" are:- "WORLD" - yet there is NO evidence that I have any Maps OTHER than Europe - as per my first query, since the "Add" is greyed out, how do I get the rest of the Maps?

Best Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,411
    Exalted Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    dont connect to computer when update
    only wifi
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 410
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @John-Jay

I currently have the same as you but this was because my Wi-fi was not connected - as said above updates on the Go Discover are made by Wi-fi .

Once connected I had 16.8gb of map updates relating to the 39 Europe map updates and you should be able to add additional maps from that first menu choice once connected by W-ifi.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,411
    Exalted Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    dont connect to computer when update
    only wifi
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 410
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @John-Jay

I currently have the same as you but this was because my Wi-fi was not connected - as said above updates on the Go Discover are made by Wi-fi .

Once connected I had 16.8gb of map updates relating to the 39 Europe map updates and you should be able to add additional maps from that first menu choice once connected by W-ifi.
  • John-Jay
    John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 746
    Revered Pioneer
    Thank you @rider1rider & @Lost_Soul ,

I "thought" that I was updating my Device, via WiFi, in the same way that I had previously updated my GO 520 - just using the PC as a source of Power & NOT using MyDriveConnect!

It appears that simply taking Power, from the PC, is enough to stop it updating! Have now connected it to an independent supply & it is now updating!