waiting for GPS signal

911lad
911lad Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
The device simply will not connect or find a singnal. I have done all the updates and tried a re boot etc its just not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @911lad
    Welcome to the community!
    Have you tried a factory reset?

Regards,
    Vikram
  • 911lad
    New Seeker
    Yeh I tried all the fixes including a factory reset. still nothing!
  • 911lad
    New Seeker
    Just did another re-set and left it outside for 45 mins as the tom tom advice page, got there and it was off, turned it back on, no signal! Very frustrating I have no way of getting this going. I can say that it was dormant for around 2 years, but all the updates have been done. I guess I will have to bin it?
  • Serdg
    Serdg Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited August 2021
    My 6250 also does not have a GPRS. I bought it on Amazon a month ago. Repeatedly did all the recommended procedures. Did not help. I drove 2,500 kilometers with him and he could not find the GPRS network. In "System" - "About" - (Data connections
    ) -Disabled. "GPRS Status" - Disabled. GPRS version 01.16.202. Why can't I see IMEI SIM card in the "About" tab? That is how it should be? And why is "GPRS Status" Disabled? Is it disabled forcibly (remotely)? If it is disabled, then it is logical to assume that it should not search for cellular networks. Can someone explain or take a screenshot of the "About" window? All these services work through the Wi-Fi phone. And through the built-in SIM card, they do not work.
  • 911lad
    New Seeker
    Update. As I had not used it for some years, I did what the youtube tutorial said and left it outside after a reset for around an hour. When I got back it had finally picked up a signal although it certainly cannot pick up a signal when inside which I think is ridiculous for something that is made to only work when it has a signal.
  • Cloughside
    Cloughside Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Traveler
    I have a Go 1000. not been used for 2 years, when plugged in , it said battery too low, cannot obtain traffic information, then it crashed and re started.
    I replaced the battery and charged it for the recommended 2 huors, in fact it was on charge over night.
    Loaded the GPS fix, a new Europe Map and a couple of other updates.
    It still crashes, loses GPS signal and re --starts during journey, (stays up for about 5 minutes then crashes.)
    So I guess this is a software issue and not a hardware one. any advice?
  • kieron
    kieron Posts: 539
     Superuser
    Hi there @Cloughside -

As your device had not been used for at least 2 years, the built in SIM which receives the traffic data would have been permanently disabled from the mobile network. This particular TomTom device is at least 10 years old now. It is likely that the GO Live 1000 is still hunting for a data connection, so disabling it might help. From the Main Menu, go to Settings, then scroll left/right until you see Me and my device, press, then My information. Press this, then where it states above “Information sharing enabled”, at the bottom of the screen, press the x No tab to stop the sim connection.
    Hopefully, this may help the crashing issue.
  • TAKKICHENG
    TAKKICHENG Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    My Tomtom is not working.
  • TAKKICHENG
    TAKKICHENG Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    How can I get help in Sweden?