trucker 5000?/6000? Not sure which!

ged600
ged600 Registered Users Posts: 14
Master Explorer
Hi all

I've recently updated my subscription to tom tom live traffic in the UK.

Since then the satellite icon in the top right of the device is not showing it's just the destination flag?

I've been in traffic holdups all last week and it's not showing alternative routes?

When I go into tom tom services on the device it shows active?

I've tried shutting down and re starting but not working!

Any solutions please?

Best Answer

• ged600
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    Thanks for the information

I plugged into my drive, updated the 6000, unplugged, reset, re connected and it now working fine. Thanks again

Ged600

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,543
    Revered Voyager
    reset factory
  • ged600
    Master Explorer
    reset factory
    That didn’t work! Still showing flag not satellite icon. Truck 6000 by the way.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @ged600
    As far as the satellite dish Icon is concerned, your GO 6000 Truck is 'OK' and operating normally....
    If your device >> is << showing a small satellite dish Icon (Top left of the Traffic Bar) the device >> has not << achieved a Satellite lock....

ifgyua65c9y9.jpg
    After the device has locked onto the satellites then the Satellite dish Icon will disappear The GO 6000 Truck clock and the satellite clocks will sync, and your GO 6000 Truck will display the correct time and your present location.....

Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down to Data Connection... What data connection does the device Report ???
    If the Data Connection is USB.... The USB connection will take priority over the GPRS SIM....
    Try disconnecting the USB lead....

Recheck the Data Connection...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) → Setting → System → About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report...???
    Is the GPRS Status... Connected ???
    Are the following categories displaying any Numbers Yes or No ???
    Don't post the details on the site....
    MCC/MNC
    IMEI
    SIM ID
    GPRS Model

Also be aware that for a Live Device, the SIM card is automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic on the device has NOT been used for 18 months....
    Tomtom sends emails to the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card... In this in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ged600
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    Thanks for the information

I plugged into my drive, updated the 6000, unplugged, reset, re connected and it now working fine. Thanks again

Ged600
  • allian
    allian Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    can you pls help me out as my tom-tom trucker 6000 gprs status is disconnected.,I've tried resetting but still say gprs status disconnected. thanks
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,766
    Elite Voyager