Why have the speed limit updates I have indicated on the website show as fixed when my device still

Sideiron
Sideiron Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Traveler
shows no speed limit at all. I have sent updates for many years from Spain and the UK but only one or two have come onto the map. I am thinking this site is a bit of a joke just to keep the plebs happy. Prove me wrong please.

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Sideiron
    Maybe they are fixed in the next Map update later this Month ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Sideiron
    Apprentice Traveler
    They have been indicated as fixed for months , and the ones I did in Spain are years old.
  • Megalos
    Megalos Posts: 6,089
     Superuser
    Hi @Sideiron , on the MSR map you can see the current speed limit. What is mentioned there, for those roads?
  • Sideiron
    Apprentice Traveler
    Nothing, on the roads on the estate .
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    I have many examples where the data is correct in MPS and not on the device.
    Despite the big announcement of the Migration to latest NDS maps, these maps are still not in sync with MPS
  • Megalos
    Megalos Posts: 6,089
     Superuser
    Okay, thanks. Then you're suffering from the same issue that I'm facing. For some speed limit reports, they get accepted and marked as fixed. Though they don't appear on the maps. This is a known issue as far as I know, but I don't know whether already a solution is found.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Megalos wrote: »
    This is a known issue as far as I know, but I don't know whether already a solution is found.

As said, one claimed that the NDS maps would be the answer to all these issues. It still need to see the prove of this.
    No one from TT bothers to answer.

• mapfanatic
    mapfanatic Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Revered Voyager
    @Megalos
    You are never alone B)
    Reporting a second time usually helps
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    @Megalos
    You are never alone B)
    Reporting a second time usually helps

No, it doesn't. The data is fine in MPS when they fixed it. The real problem is that the data doesn't get on the devices, despite the weekly updates and the NDS maps that should get better updates.
  • Sideiron
    Apprentice Traveler
    Well after the update I still don't have the speed restrictions on my device . I also indicated that a Lloyds pharmacy on my estate doe's not exist and they rejected it . I walked there today and it's still a normal house. Maybe it's been put up by a drug dealer as a meeting place . WHO KNOWS
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Sideiron wrote: »
    I also indicated that a Lloyds pharmacy on my estate doe's not exist and they rejected it . I walked there today and it's still a normal house. Maybe it's been put up by a drug dealer as a meeting place . WHO KNOWS

I have occasionally also rejected changes. Mostly, a second attempt with slightly other wordings get accepted.

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @Sideiron
    Well after the update I still don't have the speed restrictions on my device. I also indicated that a Lloyds pharmacy on my estate does not exist, and they rejected it. I walked there today, and it's still a normal house. Maybe it's been put up by a drug dealer as a meeting place. WHO KNOWS
    See @Vikrams post (Moderator)
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1753146/#Comment_1753146
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @gially86
    Changes to the POI data require official approval from the business or the actual source.
    (Snip)
    Thanks, Vikram
    Normally, Tomtom issue new maps every 3 months.... Feb, May, Aug and Nov The latest Map version is currently the v1075
    On the previous NAV2/3 models, you could make local unverified changes to your device... Shortly after the launch of the NAV4 devices and for the current (Wi-Fi) Connected devices... All MapShare corrections have to be verified by Tomtom... You can't make unverified local changes to your device....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Sideiron
    Apprentice Traveler
    No worries , I have been banned from making any more corrections... As soon as I make one I get an error report. I always thought it was a bit of a joke and it looks like it is . Oh well .....
  • Sideiron
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ah ,they have let me back.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @
    Well after the update I still don't have the speed restrictions on my device. I also indicated that a Lloyds pharmacy on my estate does not exist, and they rejected it. I walked there today, and it's still a normal house. Maybe it's been put up by a drug dealer as a meeting place. WHO KNOWS
    See @Vikrams post (Moderator)
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1753146/#Comment_1753146
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @gially86
    Changes to the POI data require official approval from the business or the actual source.
    (Snip)
    Thanks, Vikram
    Normally, Tomtom issue new maps every 3 months.... Feb, May, Aug and Nov The latest Map version is currently the v1075
    On the previous NAV2/3 models, you could make local unverified changes to your device... Shortly after the launch of the NAV4 devices and for the current (Wi-Fi) Connected devices... All MapShare corrections have to be verified by Tomtom... You can't make unverified local changes to your device....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Thanks for the info, that is very good they contact the actual business, thanks for the info
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Sideiron, Hello :)

Kindly provide me with the city name, also the road, thanks, I will report it for you and I have the privilege to contact the team.

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Yes, I agree with @eddydc as sometimes I get a rejected too, it's either the following:

Insufficient Information:
    Submitted report does not contain enough information to update our map
    Not a Map Issue:
    Submitted report is not a map issue
    Source Conflict:
    Submitted issue contradicts the reality or another source
    Specification Conflict:
    Reported issue cannot be incorporated due to a conflict with specifications on maps
    Structural Issue:
    The reported issue is a structural issue in our database
    Restricted Category:
    Submitted reports is on map feature/topic, that is restricted to update via community input. Eg.Airports, EV stations,Premium Car dealerships, HMI/ Speech changes
    Non navigable country in TT Map:
    Report is submitted in a country where TT does not support navigable map. Hence report cannot be resolved currently on TT map
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Yes, I agree with @eddydc as sometimes I get a rejected too, it's either the following:

Insufficient Information:
    Submitted report does not contain enough information to update our map
    Not a Map Issue:
    Submitted report is not a map issue
    Source Conflict:
    Submitted issue contradicts the reality or another source
    Specification Conflict:
    Reported issue cannot be incorporated due to a conflict with specifications on maps
    Structural Issue:
    The reported issue is a structural issue in our database
    Restricted Category:
    Submitted reports is on map feature/topic, that is restricted to update via community input. Eg.Airports, EV stations,Premium Car dealerships, HMI/ Speech changes
    Non navigable country in TT Map:
    Report is submitted in a country where TT does not support navigable map. Hence report cannot be resolved currently on TT map

It's none of the above. It's random when things get rejected and seems to depend on the mood of the rejecting person. Resubmitted issue with practical no changes in the wording get accepted despite being the same report.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    @eddydc Agreed, it also depends what you actually give to them, maybe not enough info, wrong info, or just the person.

• eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    @eddydc Agreed, it also depends what you actually give to them, maybe not enough info, wrong info, or just the person.

As the info is the same, only the person remains. This is something which shouldn't happen with a company like TT, which used to be the best navigation tool, certainly when it comes to traffic info.
    Nowadays, we end with
    - mediocre and neglected navigation apps (one seems to put all the effort on a poor attempt to mimic Waze)
    - outdated maps and the refusal to use official data from the government
    - outdated maps and a very basic reporting tool
    - map updates that don't arrive in the apps
    - very poor support with people at the other side not seeming to know anything about TT apps at all
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    eddydc wrote: »

As the info is the same, only the person remains. This is something which shouldn't happen with a company like TT, which used to be the best navigation tool, certainly when it comes to traffic info.
    Nowadays, we end with
    - mediocre and neglected navigation apps (one seems to put all the effort on a poor attempt to mimic Waze)
    - outdated maps and the refusal to use official data from the government
    - outdated maps and a very basic reporting tool
    - map updates that don't arrive in the apps
    - very poor support with people at the other side not seeming to know anything about TT apps at all

Okay,
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    I always have a good time with the TomTom Map reporter, they fix it in a month or 2 weeks and the issue is gone.

I provide them gov data and they accept it. They have to verify everything, fixed dont' mean ASAP. If you get that new dashboard soon you can see more details.

Do note that the last set map release is from the 11th on the map reporter website.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    I provide them gov data and they accept it.

You shouldn't provide this data. TT should use it immediately. Our (Flemish) government have everything which enables navigation vendors to use the correct data, but - as said - TT even refuses to look at it. This is very pitiful and a wast of time and effort.

• [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    Hello, @eddydc I hope you are having a wonderful day. May I ask how the city provides this data?

As every city provides it in a different way, not every city puts in that amount of budget for these things.

What city is this issue originate from? There are hundreds of cities around the world.

Thanks,

Shawn

Edit: I see you mean Belgium, best to send them the link to the api, it could be a structural issue that they can't implement due to how the maps are made.

It took a long time to find the API for this city in this GitHub.

https://github.com/amsterdam
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Edit: I see you mean Belgium, best to send them the link to the api, it could be a structural issue that they can't implement due to how the maps are made.
    None of that.
    Having said this, it is not my task to do TT's work and find out what the Flemish government provides. Certainly not when they state they are even not interested in that data and thus provide the most accurate info to their customers.