Updating Maps - avail of Eircodes / Postcodes

SavNavFan
SavNavFan Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hello,
I have a TomTom Start 52 and I've updated it with all availble updates in the driveconnect app.
I am wondering if I purchase new maps from your store, will that give me access to Eircodes (Ireland) and Postcodes (UK)?

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,543
    Revered Voyager
    ericode not available
    Postcode search start 52 not support
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @SavNavFan

I am afraid Eircodes are not supported on your Start 52. Regarding UK Postcodes they are supported but there is an issue. The Start units only use what is known as the Step by Step Search method as a result if you enter a Postcode it then needs you to enter the road name as well. All the other TT units also offer the Quick Search option as an alternative and this does not require any more information than the Postcode.

The new Discover units, which utilises a different Map set support both Postcodes and Eircodes.

Doug
  • SavNavFan
    SavNavFan Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @SavNavFan

I am afraid Eircodes are not supported on your Start 52. Regarding UK Postcodes they are supported but there is an issue. The Start units only use what is known as the Step by Step Search method as a result if you enter a Postcode it then needs you to enter the road name as well. All the other TT units also offer the Quick Search option as an alternative and this does not require any more information than the Postcode.

The new Discover units, which utilises a different Map set support both Postcodes and Eircodes.

Doug

Great advise. Thanks Doug. I may have to consider upgrading to a 'discover' model.
    Thank you.