Redundant Telematics Device

MarkA007
MarkA007 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited August 2021 in Travel lounge
Good day,

I have a 7250, which I'm pretty sure is a 5 series, just rebaged for telematics.

the Telematics subscription has been ceased, as no longer needed, so I no more Tafffic info. :-/

I've factory reset the device, so have claimed back the LHS of the sceen, and thus is very usable as a dumb SatNav. and got us around Eu and the USA with no issues. (yes, I purchased a map.)

Two options from what I can se,
How can I use my phone via bluetooth to attain traffic updates on the sat nav?

or
Am I able to reflash the firmware so that it's has a standard image, so can use Bluetooth and the SD card.

I did try to contact support directly to ask them, but couldn't find a way !! ??

WT, Mark

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @MarkA007

You need to go to the Telematics website and their Customer Support for matters related to that Model.

Doug
  • MarkA007
    MarkA007 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for a prompt reply, I've already contacted them, but experiance suggest, plus the contract being ceased, they may not be willing to help...
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @MarkA007

I don’t think they can activate Traffic etc here but let us see what @VikramK has to say. Look back here later to see what he has to say. May be tomorrow now.

Doug.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi MarkA007
    It's a Webfleet product, and we don't have the tools to review or manage the subscriptions.
    I assume that TomTom Service via smartphone (Bluetooth pairing) it will still require an active service on the account.

I am afraid, there is not much help we can provide to assist you in this case...
    Sorry....

Regards,
    Vikram