how do I get hotel, restaurant POI,s on my rider 550? I live in the USA

markwyt
markwyt Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I go to settings, appearance, show POI list on map. All that shows up hotels in German. Like Tourenfahrer hotels,MoHo hotels ETC.

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    you have to go in search of points of interest and you must find plenty of them I found in french

you have to start researching step by step
  • markwyt
    New Seeker
    I use to have a TomTom 2013. It's obsolete and I can't get updates. I would make my route on MyRoute-app transfer it to my TomTom 2013, On my TomTom 2013 I would go to the POI's and check gas stations. restaurants and hotels. Then when I'm riding and go through a town it would show me on my TomTom 2013 map where they are located. I now have a TomTom 550. It only shows me where the gas stations are but not the restaurants or hotels. How do I get my 550 to do that? Thanks for helping
  • nabu
     Superuser
    Parameters / System / select a search mode / step by step search

which gives you a new menu / go to / address / point of interest / nearby \ in town / on the way / near your destination

you can choose
  • markwyt
    New Seeker
    I guess I just wanted to go to show poi list on map. Highlight the hotels or restaurants and all the hotels, restaurants would show up on my route as I am driving like my 2013 did. Which was called ( show POI category on map) on TomTom 2013. Without having to search for hotels. Thanks for your time
  • nabu
     Superuser
    On the new 550 the only poi you can put on the map are the poi you downloaded yourself
    not tomtom's poi
    which cannot be / near / your route / in town / on the way / or near your destination
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @markwyt
    Welcome to the site....
    The previous NAV4 and latest Wi-Fi Connected devices.... Installing 3rd party POI Categories....
    You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video... How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

For More Info, See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1730281/#Comment_1730281

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi Again,,,,,
    The previous NAV4 and latest Wi-Fi Connected devices already have Many POI Categories, including Hotels already installed... I seem to recall Tomtom saying there were 7 Million built-in individual POI locations on the latest devices :o

Tomtom Rider 550 User Guide....
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014295100-RIDER-500-550-User-Manual
    See page 86 of the PDF file download....
    I find the PDF version is much better than the also offered HTML download....

Substitute Hotel or Motel, Luxury Hotel, Economy chain Hotel or Camping ground for your POI Category search word....
    Use the examples below as a guide....
    Example from previous a post, Try searching for the Many Built-in POI category 'Petrol station' or 'Restaurant'

(1)... Type "Rest" (Or as much of the word Restaurant that’s required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column)
    Tap the offered "Restaurant" (top of the right-hand column)
    Continue as in example (3)

(2)... Type "Petrol" (Or as much of the word Petrol Station that’s required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column)
    Tap the offered "Petrol Station" (top of the right-hand column)
    Continue as in example (3)

(3)... To show the POIs for Birmingham, UK Railway stations on the map, work your way down to Option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) (Screen Bottom left)
    Tap the Search Icon
    Type Rail (Or as much of the word that’s required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column)
    Tap the offered "Railway station" (top of the right-hand column)
    Note..... The initial offering (Right-hand column) will be local to your search
    The Main search area turns blue and "Railway station" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the town/city of the required Station, Type Birm (Or as much of the word Birmingham that's required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column)

After tapping the Keyboard Icon (Screen bottom right)
    There is a now dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the Birmingham Railway Stations in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the Birmingham Railway Station POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail)
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM