Go Pro 6200 - Not showing in Device Manager

bahadar
bahadar Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
Hi. I am trying to update my device with the traffice updates, i have purchased the update however when going to update my device is not recognised.

I have download 'My Drive Connect' on my laptop however it is not showing up in 'my computer' i have navigated to device manager to see if i can locate it there however it is not showing at all.

I have installed my drive on another laptop and on there i get a sound notification to say the device has been recognised however i am still unable to see the device in my computer or device manager.

Can you help

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    I bought the update, but when updating my device is not recognized.
    the 6200 includes traffic and speed camera updates
    no need to buy them
    your device is Wifi
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi @bahadar

If you have purchased updates then you need to contact Customer Support and seek a refund. See below.

When you turn your GO6200 on when out of range of your Wifi are you not seeing the Red Delays on the map if you scroll out so you can see at last 50 miles radius from where you are. If you are not see that then we can ask one of the forum mods to review your units settings on the TT servers.

Regarding Updates you only need to connect your unit to a PC for updates if you don't have Wifi available. When you do connect it to a PC all you are doing is gaining access to the internet via the PC as you still use the menu options on the GO6200 to manage updating etc.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat.. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • bahadar
    Apprentice Seeker
    My TomTom traffic update expired in 2019. The device states I need to purchase a subscription, when clicking on 'renew' it states i need to go to tomtom.com/services.

If i purchase this update will it automatically update on my tomtom without connecting to my laptop?
  • bahadar
    Apprentice Seeker
    When logged in via a web browser my device is not showing
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @bahadar

I must read your posts more carefully. You have the Pro GO 6200 so you need to subscribe for Traffic etc after the first year.

If you purchase the subscription it should work automatically with your unit. The only possible issue is if your inbuilt sim has been deactivated which it should not have been if you had a subscription within the last 3 years. If you want to check the sim then you need to contact TT customer support via chat and they can do that. See below.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat.. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Doug

Doug
  • bahadar
    Apprentice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @bahadar

I must read your posts more carefully. You have the Pro GO 6200 so you need to subscribe for Traffic etc after the first year.

If you purchase the subscription it should work automatically with your unit. The only possible issue is if your inbuilt sim has been deactivated which it should not have been if you had a subscription within the last 3 years. If you want to check the sim then you need to contact TT customer support via chat and they can do that. See below.

Tap Get in Touch

Doug

Doug

Thanks @DougLap

I have tried to chat to the 'chatbot' when clicking on contact us however it keeps sending me to web links that are not very helpful. Is there an email address or another link to the chat where i can chat to a human and not a bot.

Thanks
  • bahadar
    Apprentice Seeker
  • bahadar
    Apprentice Seeker
    bahadar wrote: »

Taken the device out of range of the wifi and the GPRS status is showing as active.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @bahadar

What country are you in?

If you follow what I suggested above it should work unless you have not logged into the page after you Tap Support as I said you must do..

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @bahadar

if the GPRS is showing as active then the sim should be okay If you have placed an order it may not have been allocated yet. You could chase for that via Chat.

Doug
  • bahadar
    Apprentice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @bahadar

What country are you in?

If you follow what I suggested above it should work unless you have not logged into the page after you Tap Support as I said you must do..

Doug

Im in the UK
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @bahadar

I am also in the UK and using the methodology I mentioned above I get through to to Chat and can input a message to start the Chat. If you are having a problem try another Web Browser

Doug