My Multi Sport watch battery drains from fully charged to empty in less than 24 hours.

Zwecker_Manfred
Zwecker_Manfred Registered Users Posts: 1
Novice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Since the last software update, my watch battery drains from fully charged to empty in less than 24 hours. Bluetooth, sound, vibration and backlight is switched off.

I only use my TomTom watch for heart rate, cadence and speed when I use my stationary trainer and that is about once a week. Last week I did a session and uploaded my training session. The watch did an update and since then my battery is like a balloon and deflates rapidly.

How can I restore the watch to the previous working/stable software version?

Comments

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
    Superuser
    Tomtom abandoned watches for 3/4 years

so no turning back
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Since the last software update, my watch battery drains from fully charged to empty in less than 24 hours. Bluetooth, sound, vibration and backlight is switched off.

I only use my TomTom watch for heart rate, cadence and speed when I use my stationary trainer and that is about once a week. Last week I did a session and uploaded my training session. The watch did an update and since then my battery is like a balloon and deflates rapidly.

How can I restore the watch to the previous working/stable software version?

They have not done an update in years so it was likely not the watch that was updated (perhaps the app but even that is unlikely). It is most likely a depleted battery (they did not last long in these watches). Try a factory reset which will also install the last stable firmware and see if that helps. If not you can replace the battery yourself (google for instructions - you will need to source the battery and specialty tools yourself, TT does not support this) but it may be time for a new watch. They are all dead obsolete products as TT Sports went out of business almost 4 years ago.