An interface upgrade in MyDrive Connect, we have added a "Remove Content" button — TomTom Community

An interface upgrade in MyDrive Connect, we have added a "Remove Content" button

VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
edited August 11 in MyDrive Connect
Hi everyone,

We have updated the interface in My Drive Connect where a "Remove Content" button has been added.

Our customers will now be able to remove the content from the device directly.

Note: This is not a new version release, but just an interface upgrade to the existing version

New feature to free up space from your TomTom device.

New button ''Remove content from the device"

ekul23u9sjdv.png

New page "Free up space on your device"
A section with content populated with data of maps/speed cameras and installed voices

a2cblwsv7km9.png

New buttons ''Delete selected" & "Back"

0d4wzcp0qcv4.png

Select contents and click on the "Delete Selected" button, the content will start uninstalling (below are some screenshots of how the process would work).

2uubaixl2sae.png

c4ifnqaulql8.png

yia20rdbd84d.png

As for Wi-Fi® devices (Excluding GO Discover and GO Expert), the removal of content can be initialized on the MyDrive Connect, but the execution must be triggered on the device (via Settings> Click on Update & New Items) and the removal will start.

I hope you will like the changes. ;)

Regards,
Vikram

Comments

• Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 299 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @VikramK

Yes, I do like the changes =) Thank You.

This would have saved me a lot of time as I had to uninstall the unwanted European Speed cameras I do not use on a country by country basis..................

I also used this "remove content" feature to remove the EV Charging Station POI as I currently do not drive an electric car, but noticed that there did not appear to be the facility to re-install the EV POI if ever needed in the future as with the increase of Climate changes my decision to move away from a combustion engine to an Electric vehicle may be accelerated ............ :'(
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,283
    Superusers
    edited August 11
    Hi
    + 1
    I like the changes... Good Idea

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Maps_Force_UpgradeMaps_Force_Upgrade Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Very usefull, cheers [thumbs-up]
  • NMMNMM Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    This is useless to me since TomTom does not provide MyDrive Connect for Linux. So I have to ignore new voice updates all the time.
  • Hwalker1Hwalker1 Posts: 39 [Master Explorer]
    only works if your device will connect with the program. My TomTom Go professional X is just dead.
  • Hwalker1Hwalker1 Posts: 39 [Master Explorer]
    edited August 18
    Nothing in the manual tells you what to do when your device will not restore after it has tried many times. I assume it should be returned for repair, but I cannot find how to do it.
    The manuals are written in text thats only readable on a computer, not on a phone, which is usually the device that most of us use. About time that Microsoft strted to learn how to write manuals for phone use.
    Superusers
    edited August 18
    Hi
    @Hwalker1
    Welcome to the site....
    What does Microsoft have to do with the problem ??? The SatNav are designed, developed and manufactured by Tomtom ???

GO Premium X User Guide is available in HTML and PDF file types....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014362599-GO-Premium-User-Manual

Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19, the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support
    Only works if your device will connect with the program. My TomTom Go Professional X is just dead.
    Do you mean GO Premium X ???
    GO Premium X User Guide is available in HTML and PDF file types....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014362599-GO-Premium-User-Manual

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • tonygrtonygr Posts: 78 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Lost_Soul wrote: »
    @VikramK

Yes, I do like the changes =) Thank You.

This would have saved me a lot of time as I had to uninstall the unwanted European Speed cameras I do not use on a country by country basis..................

I also used this "remove content" feature to remove the EV Charging Station POI as I currently do not drive an electric car, but noticed that there did not appear to be the facility to re-install the EV POI if ever needed in the future as with the increase of Climate changes my decision to move away from a combustion engine to an Electric vehicle may be accelerated ............ :'(

I too like the addition of this facility. However as soon as I used it to remove the Charging Stations POI (I too do not currently have an EV) I am told there is an update available which is the EV Charging Stations POI. Foolishly I updated, thinking it was part of the removal process, and found that the Charging Stations POI was still there. Repeated the removal and, this time, did not update and the POI had disappeared. I presume every time I check for updates the Charging Station POI will be offered so must remember to untick it. However this would seem to answer the question of how to reinstate the POI.
  • gs2offroadgs2offroad Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    edited August 21
    @VikramK
    Beware of problems with the new “Remove Content” button. After removing extra voices the computer TTS voices no longer work. This has happened to both myself and @YamFazMan
    See discussion:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1137748/computer-voices-stopped-working-while-recorded-voices-still-working
  • BryanM63BryanM63 Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
    Hi, I've called in here to see how to get rid of some foreign language voices that keep coming up on my Rider 550. If I go through the process of downloading them and then using Mydrive to remove them will they not then come up as an update again?
    Ok I''m using my drive to remove these foreign languages.. Tried a dozen times or so now. it keeps coming up with an error telling me the Tom Tom Server is busy

Our servers are very busy right now
    Please enable detailed logs and then retry. Or Exit MyDrive Connect and try again later.
    You can help us to identify the problem by uploading the latest logs file of MyDrive Connect after enabling the logs.
    Superusers
    edited October 9
    Hi
    @BryanM63
    Welcome to the site....
    BryanM63 wrote: »
    Ok I''m using my drive to remove these foreign languages… Tried a dozen times or so now. It keeps coming up with an error telling me the Tomtom Server is busy
    (Snip)
    If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    Step-by-step instructions for removing the 'Home3' Folder and the 'MyDrive connect' folder....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134289/connection-problems-mydrive-connect-delete-the-home3-mydrive-connect-folders

Stay safe... ATB YFM
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately nothing works in removing voices. If I want to remove a map, no problem. Try and remove a foreign voice and it will not happen. Same thing for my partner. Her TomTom connected to a different computer also fails to remove any voices. She however remove a couple of maps we will never use
    Superusers
    edited October 9
    Hi
    @BryanM63
    You haven't stated which Tomtom Devices/Models, you both own ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PiskenPisken Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited October 9
    Has anything else changed with this update?
    I tried to install it fresh today on W11, but this happened...

z1dkwit1ns8a.png

It's a bit hard to see but it is mirrored and/or upside down.
    Superusers
    edited October 10
    Hi
    @Pisken
    Try....
    With MyDrive Connect running... On the MyDrive Connect window, Screen top right... Click on the Cog Wheel Icon....
    Click on the Graphics Mode Tab... Maybe, one of the Graphics Mode options will fix the error....

9t5b3wzmfyi6.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PiskenPisken Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi @YamFazMan

I can't even log in, I can fill in my email adress but not my password.
    The cogwheel can't be activated either.
    Maybe it's because it's installed in Virtualbox, but W10 was doing fine as host for MD-connect.
  • johnp99johnp99 Posts: 59 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Have used it but thought it was because my device memory/card was full doh!
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @BryanM63
    You haven't stated which Tomtom Devices/Models, you both own ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

TomTom Rider 550 x 2