MyDriveConnect on my Windows PC keeps crashing.

andy_un10
andy_un10 Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
I am having problems with the MyDriveConnect program on my Windows PC. I hadn't used it for a while and when I did, it first updated itself to the latest version (4.2.11.4200). Since then it crashes as soon as I ask it to do anything. I have followed the steps to completely uninstall/reinstall it (twice) but the same problem persists. I need a Map Update before I set off on holiday.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @andy_un10
    Welcome to the community!
    Do you see an error when the application crashes?
    If you could add some screenshots, please..

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • andy_un10
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram, I see no error message at all. I start the program and it appears as per screenshot - and then the program just closes.cp8br3ruwtjh.jpg
    Behaviour the first time I use it after a reinstall is slightly different in that it shows what updates are available - and then crashes after you select one. I suppose I could remove it and reinstall it yet again to try to get a screenshot - but its a lots of work and there's no certainty that I could capture the screenshot beofe it crashed anyway.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @andy_un10
    We had a temporary outage that could be causing this behaviour.
    Could you exist MyDrive Connect from the notification area and launch the application again?

2lxu7si01dxc.png

Should that not help then I would recommend that you do a clean re-installation, steps are available on our article here-
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1128412/clean-re-installation-of-mydrive-connect

Regards,
    Vikram
  • andy_un10
    Apprentice Seeker
    Stopped and restarted as requested - and got this....

diivhhalwyek.jpg

Clicked OK and after a few minutes the program started then crashed as before (no error message).

So have done a complete deinstall as per instructions and reached the bit where I must restart the computer so will continue this in the next post.........
  • andy_un10
    Apprentice Seeker
    .........Just done the restart, download and installation.

BTW - the link for the download in those instructions does not work so I got it from here https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/

ALSO - on the latest version of WIndows 10, the /USERS/{username}/LOCAL/AppData directories are normally hidden which means you would not see them unless you clicked the 'Show Hidden Files' checkbox in Explorer - perhaps that needs making clear in those instructions too. I did find and delete the required directory though.

So we now have the program working and waiting for me to sign in......kupn1l63xk3j.jpg

So far, my Tom Tom has not been connected but I've connected it now....cf9fmeelx1g3.jpg

Without my doing anything, it has started to do an update and has then straightaway crashed yet again. Device says "Keep your device connected: The update will resume in a few minutes" but the program has died so it won't get anywhere.

I will wait for further advice......
  • andy_un10
    Apprentice Seeker
    For info, I tried again today and the same happened as before - the application crashes before it even starts up. Looking at the Windows Event Log, I have found this....32adcyp5a5t5.jpg
  • andy_un10
    Apprentice Seeker
    Still waiting for advice on this: is anybody there?
  • edteacher1
    edteacher1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I am having exactly the same issue. Every time I reinstall the My Connect software it seems to work OK, until I then connect the sat nav, at which point it will close the app and will not reopen again. Sat Nav is showing "no maps available" so no use whatsoever. Any help is appreciated!
  • edteacher1
    edteacher1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    4th time of reinstalling the software and connecting the device it finally clicked and updated. I didn't do anything different from the first three times of trying.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    Hi
    @edteacher1
    Welcome to the site...
    If I'm having problems with MyDrive Connect....
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    Step-by-Step guide See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134289/connection-problems-mydrive-connect-delete-the-home3-mydrive-connect-folders

Stay safe... ATB YFM