Tom Tom GO - Route Planning

DavidRH
DavidRH Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hello,
I have a GO Sat Nav and am able to set my route from home to destination without any problems. I would be really interested to be able to see the route that the Sat Nav selects for the return journey to my home whilst I am still at home. Is this achievable and if so please could members of the discussion group tell me how I may make it work?
Very many thanks
David

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @DavidRH

Using search find your destination or if you have been there before select it from recent destination. When it appears on the Map with a small menu next to it Tap the 3 vertical dots next to Drive and select Use as a Starting Point. Then you will be returned to the original map view. Now Tap Menu/Tap Drive Home and you will now see the route displayed from your selected Start Point and your Home position

You can use Recent destinations or new Search results for any part of this process. and you could also when the Route is displayed go to Menu/Current Route /Preview and the device will run the route as if you were travelling along it. Be aware if when you have a route displayed that does not have your current position in it if you Tap Drive then Lets Go the unit will create a route too the route from where you are and then follow the route

Doug
  • DavidRH
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you very much Doug - does just what I was hoping to achieve

Regards
    David

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @DavidRH

Using search find your destination or if you have been there before select it from recent destination. When it appears on the Map with a small menu next to it Tap the 3 vertical dots next to Drive and select Use as a Starting Point. Then you will be returned to the original map view. Now Tap Menu/Tap Drive Home and you will now see the route displayed from your selected Start Point and your Home position

You can use Recent destinations or new Search results for any part of this process. and you could also when the Route is displayed go to Menu/Current Route /Preview and the device will run the route as if you were travelling along it. Be aware if when you have a route displayed that does not have your current position in it if you Tap Drive then Lets Go the unit will create a route too the route from where you are and then follow the route

Doug
  • DavidRH
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you very much Doug - does just what I was hoping to achieve

Regards
    David
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @DavidRH

Glad you are sorted.

You may like to know that if you go to the My Drive Website or Use the My Drive App on your phone that if you look carefully after a route is developed on them that to the right of the Destination there are Up and Down arrows and if you Tap them then you can reverse the route.

Doug