START 40 Lifetime maps - Installing multiple Maps

afaruky
afaruky Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
Hello everyone,
I'd like to use my TomTom for a trip between France and Turkey. I need multiple maps to cover my route. Is there a way to install multiple maps to the device? When I choose France, Turkey and Bulgaria is automatically greyed out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

3c29wihqdtn8.png

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    Hello
    see if you have turkey on the map, I have it

e91odldwuhhr.png
  • afaruky
    Apprentice Seeker
    nabu wrote: »
    Hello
    see if you have turkey on the map, I have it

e91odldwuhhr.png

Interestingly my map options are completely different. I tried to change the country to France but it didn't change the option. Do you think it is related to my device model?

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Do you think this is related to the model of my device?
    hard to tell you , you tried to load the full map

• afaruky
    Apprentice Seeker
    nabu wrote: »
    Do you think this is related to the model of my device?
    hard to tell you , you tried to load the full map

I have just realized that option but I need a memory card first. Thanks for the help.
  • afaruky
    Apprentice Seeker
    For future reference, I'd like to summarize my experience.
    Full Europe map is too large for internal storage. That's why it was not offered.
    Download whole map option only works when an sdcard is installed. The size is around 6.7 GB so 8 GB microsd should do it. After installing the full map to SD card, internal storage map is deleted. If you want to keep a partial map in the internal storage, you need to connect the device without memory card and install a partial map. After inserting the memory card, you can see two different maps under My Maps menu.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @afaruky

I would install a 16gb micro SD Class 10 card as the full Europe is circa 9gb and will only get bigger as will all the others.

Doug