New TomTom GO PROFESSIONAL 6250 keeps rebooting

Npl01
Npl01 Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Only had 1 week and keeps rebooting, it's brand new and support have been no help, its not good when your on the road, ive tried both resets but it still does it, any clues please
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    Hi @Npl01

Are you using the supplied Cable and Charger?

If you have an ApplePhone or similar mains charger plug that will take the USB Cable then charge the unit for 2 hours and see if problem persists.

Doug
  • Npl01
    Apprentice Seeker
    Problem is still there
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Npl01
    Welcome to the site....
    The Previous NAV4 and Latest (NAV5 Wi-Fi) devices are quite power hungry and can go into "Power saving mode" if not supplied with enough power
    Are you using the Tomtom supplied cable and Tomtom supplied Power Adapter
    The Charger Adapter and USB Cable supplied by Tomtom WILL run and charge the device at the same time

Many 3rd parties Mismatched Charger Adapters won't run and charge the device at the same time
    See... It's not simply a power thing.....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1182024/#Comment_1182024

When the device is In use, they are designed to be always connected to a power supply
    The Tomtom supplied Power Adapter is rated at 5Volts 1.2Amps
    Even after you have recharged the device externally via a mains' charger, when in use in the vehicle, they will still require being connected to a Tomtom supplied Power Adapter (Or a proven suitable 3rd party Power adapter)

(1)... Do NOT attach them to a dashboard USB port in your vehicle as they normally only supply 500mAmp (0.5Amp) and are for data transfer and not supplying power: See... Note (1) & (2)

(2)... Using a NONE Tomtom 3rd party underpowered or a mismatched cigarette lighter charger can cause the device to go into Power Saving Mode: See... Note (1)

(3)... On the Models with a built-in SIM, the reduction of power to the SIM can cause the dropping of the traffic info: Note (3)

Note (1)... At an (Undisclosed) percentage of battery discharge, the device will try to save its power requirements by dimming the screen and eventually powers off the device... Devices with a built-in SIM Card may also lose Live Traffic services
    Note (2)... A dashboard USB port can also fool a NAV4 Device into entering 'Updating Mode' and display the Connected to your Computer splash screen
    Note (3)... I tried connecting my Tomtom GO 6200 to my Car's USB port, checked the connection status it reports 'Connected over USB' --> 'GPRS (SIM) Disconnected'

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • Npl01
    Apprentice Seeker
    I only use the tomtom accessories that came with it and is plugged into cigarette socket 8n my truck
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Npl01
    I find the Wi-Fi devices are more stable and more responsive in general use when you 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection....
    Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device....
    I always turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only login for updates....
    It's no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password

Logout of your Wi-Fi....
    (You can't actually log out, you can only 'Forget' the connection)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap (Modify) Icon
    Tap (Forget) Icon
    Tap (^) Icon Screen top right
    To verify the Wi-Fi is OFF, Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) screen top right Wi-Fi logo with an 'X'

1qo4pndgmr56.jpg
    To Reconnect to Wi-Fi.... For Updating etc....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your chosen Wi-Fi
    Enter your Wi-Fi Password
    Tap Done
    Tap Connect

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Npl01
    Apprentice Seeker
    I've exchanged my tom tom and the new one is doing the same thing, I'm stressed to hell now, switching off and on all the time, any help PLEASE
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @np101

Are you connecting the unit to something and if so what and how.

Doug
  • Npl01
    Apprentice Seeker
    To the mydrive app on my Samsung phone
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @np101

I meant power source. Ie are you connecting it using the supplied cable and car charger when this happens or is it just when you turn it on when not connected to anything.

Doug
  • Npl01
    Apprentice Seeker
    Using what was supplied and happens even when it's not connected
  • SuperMek
    SuperMek Registered Users Posts: 47
    Renowned Wayfarer
    I had the same with my Go620, sudden ever ongoing rebooting. Resetted to factory default which solved the rebooting issue, but now the unit can not login to the tomtom services. "Try later" is received for days now.
  • LamKS
    LamKS Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Explorer
    I had similar rebooting problem on my 520. And also the unable to get traffic info or signing in to Tomtom services. How I solved it after a long while was:
    1) Resetting the devices twice
    2) Deleted the mydrive apps from both my samsung and iphone and then reinstalled.
    3) Remove all the bluetooth devices linked to the tomtom from the phones and all the pairings.
    4) Reconnect the tomtom to my phones ONLY with WIFI (hotspot from phone).
    And now it works like how it used to work as before... but if I try to connect with Bluetooth then the rebooting starts again.... so I have disabled bluetooth connection to my 520. I believe the bluetooth connection is causing all the problems as everything works like gem if I use only WIFI.