Is it genuine?

jwh1976
jwh1976 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited August 2021 in Travel lounge
We had someone offer us help but they only used a gmail address and accessed my in-laws computer. I can't get hold of anyone at TOMTOM so is this genuine or not?

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @jwh1976
    I think you were on a Scam lookalike Tomtom website right from the very start....
    The Scam websites are visually very professional and are remarkably convincing....
    The Phone call or Chat line is where you get first get suckered in... then the Support Service person (Scammer) rings you to completes the Scam....

See my Signature for more info....
    Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • jwh1976
    jwh1976 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thanks - when i click on this link it takes me to the page only temporarily then changes back to the main discussion forum main page
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    jwh1976 wrote: »
    We had someone offer us help but they only used a gmail address and accessed my in-laws computer. I can't get hold of anyone at TOMTOM so is this genuine or not?

Have your in-laws' computer checked urgently you have come across a scammer
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @jwh1976
    Here's the link again, works for me with Firefox ??? Try a different browser or clear your browser Cookie Cache....
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900100-Unauthorised-TomTom-support-website-scams

Stay Safe... ATB YFM