Car Holder

aduga
aduga Registered Users Posts: 9
Master Traveler
My Car Holder is to weak to hold the Position. Any push on the street, leads to sinking the rider in his car holder. Any suggestions? Can I fix the holder axes?

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @aduga
    Which Tomtom Rider device/model do you own ???

Stay safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @aduga
    Which Tomtom Rider device/model do you own ???

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • aduga
    Master Traveler
    My rider is 550, but the car mounting kit is N14644. The bowl is Not tightned enough in the hold of the bowl. There is no posibility to get IT strenger. So you habe an idea? Tanks for any possbility. Stay healty
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @aduga
    If the device is still under warrantee. Contact Tomtom support for a replacement....

I've not tried this, but....
    Recently, someone suggested separating the Mount at the ball joint stretching the finger of a thin (Medical type) Neoprene glove over the ball and reassembling the Mount, then trim of any excess....

Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19, the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • aduga
    Master Traveler
    The device is out of warranty. This car mounting kit was used a few times trough holidays in my rented cars, because I useally use it on my bike in e metall holder made in Europe.. It is a shame for this expensive products msde in china to get expensive EUROS for such bad plasitc works. Buy in China sell in europe ist a money printing machine for steak-holders only, but not for the customer! I will separate the mount and follow your suggestions. Stay healthy!