How to do the following. Transfer of Route from "MyDrive Connect" Route Planner to my GO 50 Device.

Doc'
Doc' Registered Users Posts: 22
Master Explorer
I have done the following:

I have linked my GO 50 to MyDrive Connect. > email and PW.

Once logged in I select " The Smartest Route Planner". > Plan Route I enter the start and end points and adjust the route where needed.
Then click " Save To My Routes ". Then add a name for the route. Then enable " Sync this route as a track with my devices " Then click " Save ".

I get a screen with the trip name and that a note that says

" Your route will be available as a track in " My Routes on your TomTom Device. Log in on your device using your TomTom account. "

I logged in on my account and when I look at the GO 50 Menu > My Routes. There is nothing there.

What step / steps am I missing??

Thanks for your help
Doug

Comments

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    You have successfully connected my drive with email and password and synchronize
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    synchronize ?
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    Yes, the email is set and the password must be synchronized

press the button at the bottom right of the device
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    Sorry I do not follow what your are telling me.
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    The only button on the GO50 is the power button on the top right
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @Doc'

When you have completed creating and saving the Route etc to get it to Sync across to your GO50 have you connected it to your PC which has My Drive Connect running.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1037877/creating-your-own-routes-with-mydrive

Doug
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    Yes it is connected to the PC with My Drive Connect running and I am logged in with my email and password and My Drive Connect is showing the GO50/51 as connected
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    Thank you for the link as I have viewed it several times. Although I think it could have a little more information for the novice which I am.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Doc'

Just to confirm is the GO50 unit logged into My Drive ?

Doug
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    Yes it is and I have my GO50 linked with my phone thru bluetooth with the mydrive app running
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Doc’

Is your phone an IPhone and is it on IOS 13 or later.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @Doc'
    Welcome to the site....
    The GO 50 is a None Live (No GPRS SIM) NAV4 device... Try syncing over USB with MyDrive connect running on your PC....

no413rce68c4.jpg
    Are you logged into 'MyDrive' on the GO 50
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services... Are you logged into MyDrive with your account Email & Password ???

If you use the Save & Sync option on the MyDrive Web Route Planner
    The Save & Sync option save a .GPX Track... it's basically a bread crumb track that you follow

A Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route a .ITN Route uses Stops and the device plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

Using a .ITN Route planned on the MDW Route planner...
    The latest version of MyDrive Web Route planner now uses 'Send Destination' or 'Send Stops' to send an .ITN Route
    The MyDrive Web Route planner only sends the route to the device as a Destination... Or if you add Stops it send it as a Route (But it is not automatically saved in MyRoutes)
    If you are using .ITN route and 'Send Stops'
    see my workaround below

x9kkavu7m0o4.jpg

qkw01ev5tv6s.jpg

Complex Multi Stop .ITN Route Rider 400
    lv3gbgezr1sx.jpg

Be Aware....
    If your starting point IS NOT your present location, there's a BUG
    When using the 'Send Stops' option, during an "A" to "B" route transfer where 'A' IS NOT your present location... The device drops Location "A"
    This bug also applies to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc...

For more info, See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1198253/#Comment_1198253

This is the workaround method I use....

The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Get it Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

(1).... Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner (With or Without Stops as required)

(2)... Zoom in... Place a Sacrificial stop close to the Start Icon

8eaec27f-eba6-4332-bbb7-38ecfdac3110.png
    Edited 11/08/21....
    (4)... Choose the 'Send Stops' option... The route will synchronize to your Tomtom device (GO 50)

Edited 11/08/21....
    All the actions from Bullet-point (5) through to bullet-point (7) and including the Note... (1) and Note... (2) below, are executed on the Tomtom GO 50 device using the touch screen....
    (5)... The device will calculate your route from your 'Present location'
    (5.1)... The device will calculate your route using Stops in the order that you placed the Stops in the route
    (5.2)... If the planned Start of the Route is your 'Present location'... Then skip Bullet-point... (6)

(6)... When the route has calculated, Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The device will calculate your route from your new location

(7)... Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the Route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    Thanks to everyone who is trying to help this novice get going.

I think my first questions should have been is my GO50 compatible with my version of MyDrive Connect. Here is my GO50 and MyDrive Connect information.

GO50. Model # 4FC54A, 4FC5.001.07. Serial # VI1295F03182.

MyDrive Connect. Version 4.2.11.4200

I am using the Route Planner that I can select from the MyDrive Connect lower right button. I have not found a version # for this R Planner.

Doug
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    My phone is an android LG smart phone.
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    YanFazMan: Here are the results of using the Plan Route mapping per your steps, with additional notes.

I am logged into MyDrive with my account Email & Password and the GO 50 showes connected on the MyDrive Connect screen on my PC. I am using a USB cable to my PC for the connection.

YanFazMan: Are you logged into 'MyDrive' on the GO 50
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services... Are you logged into MyDrive with your account Email & Password ???

Doc': I am logged into MyDrive with my account Email & Password and the GO 50 showes connected on the MyDrive Connect page. I am using a USB cable to my PC for the connection.

YanFazMan: syncing over usb ?

Doc': Not sure as to your question as I do not understand "syncing". A function or a verb?

YanFazMan: You show a Plan Route screen shot that does not look like the one one my PC version. I do not have the .ITN Route Send button ( in red ) or the >GPX Track Save Button also ( in red ).

Doc': Following your instructions for Plan my Route, ( On My PC ), thru step 4 went well.
    Step 4 note....after clicking Send Stops option, I needed to log in again and then the screen displayed " Syncing was Successful"

Step 6 I could not do this step on my PC. I could not locate anything related to: Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route
    (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon
    --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'

Step 7 Same as step 6.

Notes: After saving the route on the Plan Route screen it does show up in the My Routes tab on the same screen. Now how to move the route to the GO50 ?????
    Doc'
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    Ooops sorry,
    Thank You
    Doc'
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    HI
    @Doc'
    I've edited the original post for more clarity....

Bullet-point (4)... Choose the 'Send Stops' option... The route will sync to your device....
    Syncing = Synchronization = i.e... The Transfer of the Route or Track from the MyDrive Web route planner to the GO 50....

All the actions from Bullet-point (5) through to bullet-point (7) and including the Note... (1) and Note... (2) below, are executed on the Tomtom GO 50 device using the touch screen....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    Hi YamFazMan,

We are SOOOOOOO Close.

Bullet-point (4)... Choose the 'Send Stops' option... "Works Correct"
    The route will sync to your device............................... "Works Correct"

Syncing = Synchronization = i.e................................... " I understand"

The Transfer of the Route or Track from the MyDrive Web route planner to the GO 50....

This Transfer does NOT happen to the GO50......... "?"

Thank You
    Doc'

• Doc'
    Master Explorer
    Greetings,
    Thanks to everyone on the forum for their help in trying to resolve my issue. In 2016 I wanted to purchase a dash style GPS system that had a PC interface and a Route Planner that would allow for downloading PC programed routes. Not to much to ask for I thought.

I purchased a GO50 and loaded up the MD Connect and then the fun or not so fun issues started.

Looking over most all of the posts for the GO50 and the Route Planner I see from 2016 to the present the same issues are still occurring and problem resolution is still going on, 5 years and counting.

It has been quite an education in GPS units and TomTom. For me I have resolved the current issue and lets see what Garmin has to offer.

Again thanks to everyone for their help and I wish you all the best of luck with your future endeavor's.

Doc'

• YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @Doc'
    Doc' wrote: »
    Greetings, thanks to everyone on the forum for their help in trying to resolve my issue. In 2016, I wanted to purchase a dash style GPS system that had a PC interface and a Route Planner that would allow for downloading PC programmed routes. Not too much to ask for, I thought. I purchased a GO50 and loaded up the
    'MD Connect', and then the fun or not so fun issues started (Snip) Doc'
    MyDrive Connect is for updating the devices
    You need...
    The MyDrive Web Route planner to plan Routes/Tracks....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Doc'
    Master Explorer
    Hi YFM,

Never throw in the towel....
    I have been successful in using the Route Planner, 10 routes so far, in getting the saved routes to my TomTom 50.

Most of my issues was not understanding how to Activate the TomTom Services through the paring of my phone with the GO50. Once this paring was done and I signed in with the email, password on the GO50 all went well and maps were downloaded to the Go50 correctly. YEA!

I did several deletes of the routes on the GO50 and then powered it off. I noticed that when I turned the Go50 on again the maps did not re-load from the Route Planner although they were still there on the Route Planner program. It's a one time down load I think.

I was able to download them again by selecting each route and then click EDIT Route. I changed nothing but I was allowed to save it again with sync to device checked. All the routes were downloaded the next time I powered up the GO50 and was paired with my phone. I noted the GO50 did not need to be connected to MyDrive Connect app for the download to occur. I just need the phone paired.

Now lets see what the Garmin can do. I do love choices.

Thanks again for all the help from the Community and you too YFM

Stay Safe