Hi guys, Tomtom Go Discover ; bluetooth dropping

jcd998
jcd998 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited August 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
The Tomtom say's it's connected but all the icons on the first menu page are x crossed , map not showing traffic / petrol sations prices. The phone is set on bluetooth tether and data link on .
We do allot of motorway miles and really need the traffic updates

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,417
    Exalted Pioneer
    have ios phone
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Does the phone show a hotspot connection is active? (Blue band along the top of the iphone.)

If the blue band is not there, on the iPhone try toggling off/on bluetooth and personal hotspot. Make sure the Discover bluetooth connection pairs, select it manually if it does not.
  • issartier33
    issartier33 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited August 2021
    on my phone (iphone) the blue band is there but I do not have the information on the traffic / price of gasoline and sometimes the danger zones

Mod edit: Machine translated (French)
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Hi @issartier33

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and check your uni=ts settings on the TT servers. Look back here tomorrow to see what is said.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Hi @issartier33

All the services on your GO Discover look okay. Are you sure the device isn't dropping the Bluetooth connection with the paired smartphone?

Do you see this happening every time you drive, or is there is specific location/region?

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • issartier33
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited August 2021
    no on the smartphone the gps seems connected but the services do not seem to work especially the traffic part because even if there are traffic jams a little further on my route it does not warn me of the delay then that if I look at the tomtom app on my phone the delay is announced.

Mod edit: Machine translated (French)
  • issartier33
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited August 2021
    Should the info traffic logo be in connected "position" or during the journey is it in disconnected position because on mine during the journey it is often disconnected, it connects and disconnects all the time of the course
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Hi @issartier33

If you have not Paired you phone and TT device as follows then delete pairings from both and turn them Off and On again.

Turn Personal hotspot in Settings. ( do not link the TT units wifi to the personal Hotspot.
    Go to Bluetooth in Settings and turn On.
    Turn on TT device and Tap Add a Phone in Settings/Bluetooth.
    Tap pair on both units.

Whenever you are using your TT device you need Personal and Bluetooth to both be set to On . ( You will not be asked for the Personal Hotspot password during Pairing or during use.

Doug
  • issartier33
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited August 2021
    i just paired the gps and the phone again but i feel like nothing has changed

• Wojmar
    Wojmar Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited August 2021
    I have exactly the same problem, I try to deal with but that is impossible, I'm so frustrated, I chat with Tom Tom today and the said it's the server problems, OK that's there's problem but my sat nav still not working. Nobody contact me to resolve the problem