no speed camera updates for the GO Essential tomtom 6inch

Floppyk
Floppyk Registered Users Posts: 12
Apprentice Seeker
edited August 2021 in TomTom Services
I bought a new TT Go Essential 6 inch on May 23rd, 2021 and after logging in I realized that I should pay for the speed camera update. The advertisement mentions 6 months of free updates. What's right now?

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi @Floppyk

Once you have initially set your device up you should then receive 6 months Free Cameras updates. If you are not getting advised of cameras or updates then advise back here. So if initially set up in May then you should get the service until November.

Once the 6 months is up then you need to purchase updates in order to maintain the service.

Doug
  • Floppyk
    Apprentice Seeker
    I registered the TT immediately after purchasing it. Then only the update was offered for sale.
    Can you check this on my account?
  • Floppyk
    Apprentice Seeker
    I bought it new from Media Markt in a sealed package.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Floppyk

Lets see what @VikramK has to say after he has checked your devices settings on the TT servers. Look back here later to see what he says .

By the way this is a user forum where we try to help one another. I was just confirming that you should have 6 moths free cameras. If you

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap About what does it say against Cameras. If it says Activated then it should be working on the device.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @Floppyk

Welcome to the community!
    The subscription was not activated yet. We did some changes in the backend, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • Floppyk
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you. I willtry it tomorow. My wife drive our car with the TT.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Floppyk

You should be able to test it beforehand. If you know the position of a camera then create a route past it in the unit and then run Route Preview to see what would happen if you were actually driving past at the time.

Tap the map somewhere say 1/2 a mile before the Cameras and when it shows the Position Marker with 3 dots Tap the 3 dots and select the Option to Use as Starting Point. Then Tap the map after the Camera position and then select Plan. Now go to Menu/Current Route and select Preview and it will run the route.

Doug