computer voice not working on the GO premium x

graham2davey
graham2davey Registered Users Posts: 9
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have Malcolm & Serena on sat nav Go Premium X but when i select them they will not work

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @graham2davey
    Welcome to the community!
    Are the voice setting turned off on your GO PREMIUM?
    See the explanation provided by @YamFazMan here

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • graham2davey
    New Seeker
    Answer I have checked the voice setting which is on If i try Jane voice it works but Serena & Malcolm will not work
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @graham2davey

Have you tried the Factory Reset I suggested on your other post on this matter?

Doug
  • graham2davey
    New Seeker
    Yes i tried a factory Reset but serena & malcolm still not working. Could you please send voices to my account so i can download them many thanks Graham
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @graham2davey

You need @VikramK to add voices to your account and do whatever anything necessary to resolve the issue that those on your device do not work.

Look back here later to see what he says .

Doug
  • graham2davey
    New Seeker
    Hi DougLap i am new to forum and getting a bit confused so do i need to contact @VikramK
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @graham2davey

No it has been flagged to him by my post and so we wait until he is back on the forum.

Doug
  • VikramK
    Hi @graham2davey
    Both voices have been activated on your account, please check for updates now..

Regards,
    Vikram
  • graham2davey
    New Seeker
    Hi @VikramK But how do i update voices and should i uninstall malcolm & serena from my sat nav that are not working before update them
  • VikramK
    edited August 2021
    Could you please send voices to my account so i can download them

I got confused when you said that you want someone to send voices. I thought that you don't have both these voices installed on the device already.

Hi @VikramK But how do i update voices and should i uninstall malcolm & serena from my sat nav that are not working before update them

Try the below-
    1. Remove both the voices
    2. Do a factory reset on the device.
    Main menu- Settings- System-Reset device
    To avoid losing your stored favourites on the device, you can create a back-up using MyDrive..

See user guide

3. Download both the voices again
    4. Perform a soft reset-

5. Select any one of the voice and test the device on a planned route.

- Vikram :)
  • graham2davey
    New Seeker
    Hi @VikramK After doing a reset which i have already tried. Where do i download voices from. As i have tried from my drive but Malcolm & Serena are not listed. Thank you Graham
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi @graham2davey

You should look for New Items and Downloads. In fact if your Premium unit is directly connected to your Wifi and logged into My Drive then they will appear under New items and Updates in Settings and you don't need to connect it to your PC.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034265/updating-your-navigation-device-using-wi-fi/p1?new=1

Doug
  • graham2davey
    New Seeker
    Hi @VikramK I can not delete Malcolm & Serena from my sat nav so do i just do another factory reset as no new update appear
  • graham2davey
    New Seeker
    Hi @VikramK Don't know what i have done but voices all working . Thank you very much Graham
  • snelleneddy
    snelleneddy Registered Users Posts: 10
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi, I have the same problem but after contacting support still no solution. No computer voices hearable