Why no voice guidance on App?

Jeffw2
Jeffw2 Registered Users Posts: 2
Novice Seeker
Hi just downloaded the app for iphone 11 downloaded voices, made sure all alerts and volume on but still no voice guidance, however when testing voice before download works fine absolutely confused and disappointed please help

Comments

• jcd998
    jcd998 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Make sure MEDIA volume is on
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @Jeffw2

When you Tap Menu is the Right-hand icon of the 3 shown bottom right highlighted?

Doug
  • Gjhu
    Gjhu Registered Users Posts: 10
    New Seeker
    Here the same problem. No voice or sound at all. Put the speaker on max. Volume but nothing..
  • Gjhu
    New Seeker
    Also, when im not in the car, no sound at all. Im in the free trail period, but i think Tomtom is not the app for me unfortunatly.
  • Jeffw2
    Jeffw2 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Novice Seeker
    Still no sound everything turned on. Absolute joke! Straight back to apple maps
  • Gjhu
    New Seeker
    Yes its enabled. Sometimes i get a 'Beep' sound when i start navigatie, but no voice direction or other sound 😫
  • Gjhu
    New Seeker
    As Tomtom is a dutch company i would prefer to use the app, but this doesn't work. With Waze, Flitsmeister or google maps no problems, so i think there is nothing else left than delete the tomtom app and use one of the other navigatie apps again.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    From the main menu, can you go to Settings > Voices and tap on the chosen voice? Tap the voice for a demo and right after that press your iPhone's physical volume-up button.
  • Gjhu
    New Seeker
    Tryed it, and Then i hear the voice of Xander, very clear. But when i choose a route and press the 'rijden maar' button, i hear nothing.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    And the volume slider on the Voices screen, is that to the right?
  • Gjhu
    New Seeker
    All the way indeed. Kept trying and 9 out of 10 times i hear nothing, 1 time i heard the navigation voice.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    As a test, can you download and try Ellen - Dutch Belgium?
  • Gjhu
    New Seeker
    Ellen also doesn't speak too me..
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    What iPhone and version of iOS are you using?
  • Gjhu
    New Seeker
    Iphone xr, ios 14.7.1
  • Gjhu
    New Seeker
    Appreciate the effort you make to help me👍🏻
  • Gjhu
    New Seeker
    Strange....when i navigatie by pressing the app button, i have sound. When i now open the app, the voice also works... For now.
  • Senner
    Senner Registered Users Posts: 11
    Apprentice Seeker
    I‘m having the same problem with my iPhone 11 pro and current software versions. No driving instructions at all while navigating. Funna enough, I‘m getting the sound when choosing a voice or selecting route preview.
    Support so far has been of no help at all. Your work-around didn‘t work here.
    With Maze and Magic Earth there are no problems at all. This is ridiculous considering TomTom Go App has to be paid for.
    Anyone a clue how to fix this???

• Bossie2
    Bossie2 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Senner wrote: »
    I‘m having the same problem with my iPhone 11 pro and current software versions. No driving instructions at all while navigating. Funna enough, I‘m getting the sound when choosing a voice or selecting route preview.
    Support so far has been of no help at all. Your work-around didn‘t work here.
    With Maze and Magic Earth there are no problems at all. This is ridiculous considering TomTom Go App has to be paid for.
    Anyone a clue how to fix this???
    Keep pressing the speaker icon in the right bottom corner and push the volume up button on your phone at the same time