1415M Manual

wheres-my-manual
wheres-my-manual Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
Hello. I'm in Canada and trying to get a VIA 1415M working for my grandmother that she bought used. I can't find the manual, or any product details anywhere on the support site.
1) Where can I get the manual?
2) Do I need a microSD card for this?
3) It says I haven't "selected a usable voice"...how do I select a voice so it talks?
4) Does any one know why TOMTOM absolutely needs to know my gender before I can make an account? Why is that relevant for anything?

Thanks for any help you can provide. My aunt has already spent more than 2 hours trying to get this set up, and I've been going in circles though the FAQ, lists of manuals, other postings on the discussion board, and the worse chatbot I've ever tried to work with.

If anyone from TOMTOM is looking for feedback on things they could do to improve the user experience, I have list I'd be happy to share.
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    edited August 2021
    Hi @wheres-my-manual
    Welcome to the community!
    Here is a link to the user manual of your VIA 1415 device.

The device supports memory expansion using a MicroSDHC (Micro Secure Digital High Capacity): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB
    A 16 GB class10 card should be enough for you to install maps, however this is only required if there is not enough space in the device internal memory.
    3) It says I haven't "selected a usable voice"...how do I select a voice so it talks?"

I have activated a computer voice- 'Samantha' for your device, the voice should get offered as a download in MyDrive Connect.

4) Does any one know why TOMTOM absolutely needs to know my gender before I can make an account? Why is that relevant for anything?"

It's just a part of a standard procedure to collect information before we create an account in our database.

Regards,
    Vikram.