I Have paid for maps but still no update ?

Fez_Khan35
Fez_Khan35 Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
HI there, thank you for reading and hopefully helping me as the tom tom bot is the most useless tool i have ever encountered in life. there is no actual contact number or email address and the get in touch just times out.

i have purchased new maps via there website over a week ago ( paid, completed ) but when ever i connect my device there's no download of new maps and still showing as maps expired ? is there something I'm doing wrong ?
Tagged:

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    Hello, what is your device
    open my drive by connecting your device
    if no cards see the sav by giving the device number
  • Fez_Khan35
    New Seeker
    Hi there, I have connected my device it’s showing no updates and maps expired. It’s like they haven’t processed my order or linked it to my account. I have a older device it’s a Tom Tom start 20. It’s never let me down ever it’s just requires an update is all. Previously I have bought online and no issue at all
  • nabu
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Previously I have bought online and no issue at all

You must have forgotten to specify for which device it was
  • Fez_Khan35
    New Seeker
    No it read my details automatically specified the device because it was connected . I’m just at a loss as there’s no real support or contact number
  • nabu
     Superuser
    We will have to wait for the return of Moderation on Monday to have an answer to your problem
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @Fez_Khan35

Your profile confirms you have the Start 20 but what model is your latest purchase.

For Customer Support try the following.

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat.. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available and you will be offered an Email option.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • Fez_Khan35
    New Seeker
    Hi Doug, I followed the directions from the website for my purchase as I have done previously in years without issue. The get in touch times out dose not work for me at all. I have tried it on phone laptop and iPad it simply dose not do anything at all. And the bot says connecting to a agent but then gives a very long error code
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @Fez_Khan35

Just tried it on my MacBook. Safari did not work correctly but using Firefox took me to the Email facility.

Doug
  • Fez_Khan35
    New Seeker
    Hey @DougLap,

I will try this over the weekend - thank you 😊
  • Shane1984_
    Shane1984_ Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited August 2021
    Dear Fes
    I myself have been told by tomtom if it concerns an older model I myself have a 1005 and livetimemaps and the life of the device has come, then the maps no longer work and are no longer offered, if that is the case with you then it would be I request a refund from tomtom.
    But it's a pain hope with tomtom there are so many complaints about that company it's only about how many systems we can sell but the support is almost not there. Lots of luck with it.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)