Force to use majors roads

RedSpecial62
RedSpecial62 Registered Users Posts: 22
Outstanding Explorer
The Go app could be massively improved in my experience by having the option to "stay on major routes" that will prevent taking 'shortcut' routes to say cut off a corner between 2 major (A roads in the UK). Have I missed something in the routing options or does this not exist? I'm sure it would be a useful addition for many users.

Comments

• szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    I will check with the team.
  • RedSpecial62
    Outstanding Explorer
    Thank you!
  • szachowa
    Hi @RedSpecial62 , developers ask for specific example of route where this can be reproduced. It will greatly help us.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    In the menu > Settings > Routing > Preferred route type, what type have you selected?
  • Frup
    Frup Registered Users Posts: 27
    Prominent Wayfarer
    I have had the same experience. Route from Greoux-les-Bains to Manosque E. Leclerc (supermarket) in France. Preferred route: fast.
    TT/AA directed me to Chemin des Embarrades. Which is a very narrow road with big holes in it. Ending in a steep climb with bad situation to turn back on the main road.
    ooar950740mg.png
    rf3k18jdzycb.png
    3wmxfqc4mspt.png

• szachowa
    Frup wrote: »
    I have had the same experience. Route from Greoux-les-Bains to Manosque E. Leclerc (supermarket) in France. Preferred route: fast.
    TT/AA directed me to Chemin des Embarrades. Which is a very narrow road with big holes in it. Ending in a steep climb with bad situation to turn back on the main road.
    ooar950740mg.png
    rf3k18jdzycb.png
    3wmxfqc4mspt.png

MD also proposes for me first route that goes through Chemin des Embarrades:
    3dfvt1v44jdp.png

Please report this issue via MapShare.
  • RedSpecial62
    Outstanding Explorer
    Hi Jurgen.... I have my route set to "Fast".