TomTom GO and Apple CarPlay

peterkroman
peterkroman Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
Hi,
I am using TomTom Go on my iPhone heavily, and I am very fond of it.

There is only one thing I believe should be better.

It is about the route settings. The way to change e.g. between "Avoid Highways" and "Quickest route" is very long and heavy, and you need to do it on the phone, which is not very practical (not possible) when you are driving. It should be possible to change that directly on the screen menu of Apple Carplay.

Is that a feature/upgrade TomTom is considering ☺

Comments

• Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    I agree. Being able to change routes, voice search for destinations, choose an alternate route vs just steering to it, etc should be available on CarPlay while driving like with most other navigation apps. Hopefully a nice update is coming soon!
  • RicoK
    RicoK Registered Users Posts: 161
    Revered Navigator
    edited August 2021
    @peterkroman @Feckweed405 I am sorry, please, see my post in this topic

It is frustrating one of the standard replies of TT says: Sorry Apple and/or the User Interface blah blah doesn't make it possible..... Which is very strange while competitors do not have these issues.... :s
  • Feckweed405
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Yeah Waze, Apple Maps, Google maps have search built in and no heating issues. Plus no steer to reroute. Blah. I love this app but like you @RicoK I’m about at the end of waiting.
  • RicoK
    RicoK Registered Users Posts: 161
    Revered Navigator
    My heart is (also) with TomTom, but because they can't or don't want to hear me and probably many others as a customer anymore, my heart is getting smaller.

It is a pity that, even though the cost has been reduced, they can no longer live up to what you have to pay to use the app.

Come on TomTom, listen to your customers, look at the competition and do your best!
  • Feckweed405
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    I couldn’t have said it better @RicoK. Just an update that fixes the heating and maybe that steer to reroute as an option. Just something to show this app isn’t moribund. Fingers still crossed’
  • peterkroman
    peterkroman Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    It seems like I have hit an issue here =)

How can we make TT react to the wishes/demands of their loyal customers ?

Anybody who have good constructive ideas on that one?
  • Feckweed405
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Very good question. At one time this discussion site was an ideal forum for these suggestions. I’m not sure it is anymore. There are supposedly beta TT iOS forms through TestFlight, but I’ve never had one. I don’t know how to formally list bugs and request absolutely key features, but that would be something very useful if available. This is why long term supporters like @RicoK have essentially given up on TT. I’m close myself (renewal is 8/30/21) and I’ll wait until then and see if there’s any sign of life.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    It even seems that one doesn't even bother to reply to genuine questions from paying customers who are a bit too critical.