My route overview shows planet earth the size of a marble

AndrewPage
AndrewPage Registered Users Posts: 3
Neophyte Traveler
The problem is in landscape mode where it zooms out so that a tiny planet earth appears in the middle of the screen

Comments

• szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    AndrewPage wrote: »
    The problem is in landscape mode where it zooms out so that a tiny planet earth appears in the middle of the screen

Would it be possible to share some screenshots?
    Sounds like some bug, but we will need more info to investigate further.

• Laurence_Mason
    Laurence_Mason Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    I've also seen this problem. The zoom out varies over a journey. I have once seen the whole globe but more often it is zoomed out too far (but only to perhaps most of the UK - even if only going a short distance). Drive a small number of miles and the zoom changes - sometimes to a more useful scale. I would suggest there is a bug in the scaling algorithm. Not always easy to get a screen shot when it is in use!
  • RedSpecial62
    RedSpecial62 Registered Users Posts: 22
    Outstanding Explorer
    I have seen similar... basically a whole globe when going to overview mode.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    Again, can we have a screenshot please?
  • AndrewPage
    Neophyte Traveler
    tu3kdchfnxag.jpg
    Does that work?

• Flanimal
    Flanimal Registered Users Posts: 10
    Master Explorer
    I see this too from time to time. I find it very useful for avoiding astronomical asteroids during my journey.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the screenshot. Can you also give the device the app is installed on and the Android version?
  • Laurence_Mason
    Apprentice Traveler
    Having been a passenger today gave me a chance to look further at this. It happens in landscape and not portrait view. Here are two examples taken within a moment of each other. As can be clearly seen the scaling on landscape is not helpful for an overview but in portrait it is. The phone was simply rotated through 90 degrees:

8ub1xs7ibuvv.jpg

iuezl45lzehc.jpg
  • Brainsie
    Brainsie Registered Users Posts: 37
    Renowned Trailblazer
    I think that it happens to me when doing long routes (saw it when traveling from Italy to The Netherlands)
  • szachowa
    We will check it.

Please let me know what settings do you have in Zoom & orientation.
    I can see from screens that it happens when switching to overview mode from guidance. I can also see that some of you enabled extra large side bar.

Any more precise steps will be helpful here to reproduce this issue at the desk.
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 574
    Revered Pioneer
    Workaround: Just press this button once.
    Of course, it will not eliminate the result of wrong App-code.

sjh922yd1g2q.png
  • szachowa
    edited August 2021
    I will create internal bug report for us to have this investigated.

As mentioned before, some steps to reproduce this issue will be very helpful. At the moment I know following:
    * landscape mode
    * driving on a longer route
    * map overview mode
  • szachowa
    edited August 2021
    I have reported GONAV-3939 about issue with Earth being size of a marble. We will investigate after we get more concrete steps to reproduce this issue.

• Laurence_Mason
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited August 2021
    It's not just the earth as a marble - this is just an extreme version of the problem but I have seen in once or twice. The scale is wrong when simply rotating from portrait to landscape - as can be seen from my screen shots above. Also there are only ~7 miles remaining in the journey - a route that started as maybe ~15 mile so it's not just long trips.

The zoom is set to zoom in at instructions and 3D orientation - but it is the route overview that is the problem and I didn't think the scale was adjustable to be then saved? Running version 3.1.75 (4111) of the app.
  • AndrewPage
    Neophyte Traveler
    My phone is a realme 7 pro and it's Android 11. It does tend to be longer routes. It's possible to manually zoom in but quite difficult to get it on the right place