How to get the US map on my GO 6200

Wini
Wini Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Dear expert(s), I want to download and install the US map on my GO 6200 (lifetime worldwide maps) using wi-fi but cannot see this map offered in the "add a new map" submenu. There is only the already installed Europe map. After a few second the message appeared: If you don't see a map here, purchase one (my translation from German). A TomTom assistant I already contacted assured me that my GO 6200 is (1) compatible with this map (2) it is for free and (3) correctly assigned to my navi (ser. no. ZA.....).
At present, I am in the US and want to start a oneweek trip along the East coast on Thursday. I would really appreciate your good advice and assistance to get started and drive safely.
Many thanks in advance and with kind regards, Wini

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @abolourian
    Welcome to the community!
    Your GO 6200 has world maps updates for the lifetime of the device.
    Please do a soft reset and with the device connected to a strong WiFi® internet please try the below-

To add map of other countries or regions - GO TO- Main menu- Settings - Maps- Add a map

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Wini
    Wini Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello Vikram,
    Thank you so much for your advice. I did a soft reset (pressing the I/O switcher 20 sec). ---> no change, i.e. no map was offered when clicked in the submenu "add a new map...). Desperately, I then reset the entire system. I set it up again. The Europe map was installed. When I moved to "add a map" I had to sign in or create a new account. This was the end! From morning to now (night) whenever I wanted to sign in, the TomTom system said: "Upps, at the moment this service is not available. Please try it later again".
    Maybe, they just have a server problem or is something wrong with my GO 6200 or my account? I also tried to create a new account.
    Unfortunately, I will start my big trip along the East coast tomorrow quite early. So, like in old times, ordinary paper maps have to do the trick supplemented by google maps etc.
    Nevertheless, many thanks again for your support.
    With kind regards, Wini

Gesendet mit der Telekom Mail App

--- Original-Nachricht ---
    Von: TomTom Community Team
    Betreff: [TomTom Community] VikramK answered your question: How to get the US map on my GO 6200
    Datum: 04. August 2021, 1:00
    An: Wini

VikramK answered your question: How to get the US map on my GO 6200

Hi @abolourian Welcome to the community! Your GO 6200 has world maps updates for the lifetime of the device. Please do a soft reset and with the device connect…

Check it out