Tom Tom Camper 6 inch -

collietrainer_214
collietrainer_214 Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello, Just purchased a TT Camper 6 inch and trying to set it up to use for my caravan. Under the My Vehicle > Vehicle Type > Dimensions: Does L/W/H in metres include both towing vehicle and caravan please? I believe that the Gross weight is the combined weight of towing vehicle and caravan? Need to do a bit more research on specifications for Axle weight in tons. Speed is the only easy one as it's 50 mph most UK roads except dual carriageways and motorways. I did a search for info before asking but cant find what I need. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    Hello, I only used it for the Motorhome, so .......
  • collietrainer_214
    New Seeker
    nabu wrote: »
    Hello, I only used it for the Motorhome, so .......

Ok thanks. It's odd that the Tom Tom support docs go into detail about how to calculate Gross Weight in tons, (towing vehicle+Caravan+contents of both, incl passengers etc.) but does not mention how the length in metres is calculated. Not that I can find anyway. Anyone?
  • collietrainer_214
    New Seeker
    Ok - Think I have it. Manual .pdf page 153 > Settings > My vehicle, shows a table of default settings. The car with caravan default is shown as length 9.75 metres and width as 2.5 metres. So I guess the figure to input is car and caravan length combined otherwise its a pretty big towing vehicle!
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    I voluntarily increased the height and width of the vehicle
    for the coupling it is necessary to put the length car caravan
    for axles a real weigh it is preferable

https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/GO_Camper/html/en-gb/index.htm#AboutMyVehicle-Camper.htm