Pre sales orders

dave798
dave798 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
Please be aware that if you order a satnav from tomtom (just ordered Go professional 6250 ) you will later be charged £67 in import fees from ups, can you -lease tell me why I was not told about this charge and I could of received same item much cheaper from Amazon

Comments

• dave798
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have today been sent a bill from UPS that states they want £64.74 before they will deliver my new tomtom go 6250 which i ordered last week direct from tomtom. I would never of ordered direct from tomtom had i known previously that this charge would also be added. Please note I could of ordered the same item cheaper direct from amazon and also received it 4 days earlier, I am so fedup i feel i have been ripped off by tomtom after incurring this charge it just seems so unfair that nobody is being told about the extra charges that occur post brexit
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,745
    Hi @dave798
    I confirmed with my team about this, and they mentioned that all charges are inclusive when you place the order on our webshop.

Could you send me the order number through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • VikramK
    Hi @dave798
    Thanks for the sending the information.
    I have sent a heads-up to the customer service to arrange a follow-up. The additional import fee should not be required.

Our team will review the case and try to raise a refund.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • dave798
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited August 2021
    I can confirm the issue was taken up by Stanley and I have now been refunded the additional import fee from Tomtom
  • VikramK
    edited August 2021
    Good to see this was sorted quickly!!

:)

Thanks.