Still can't reconnect GPRS on my Go Professional 6200. I need a human, not a bot to help me!! — TomTom Community

Still can't reconnect GPRS on my Go Professional 6200. I need a human, not a bot to help me!!

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,859 Moderator
    Hi @Bornholm
    Are you out of the Wi-Fi range to allow the device to connect via the built-in SIM?

Also, have you already tried the troubleshooting steps advised in the video below-

We offer customer support via emails and LIVE chat. Please see this article for more information-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Regards,
    Vikram
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,104
    Superuser
    Hii @Bornholm

Here is a way to contact Customer Support via Chat. Not the Chat Bot

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat.. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

There is one other possibility that has arisen in a few cases. It appears that some units have had the inbuilt mobile sims contacts getting corroded and losing the connection. They have resolved the issue by carefully removing the Label on the bottom of the device under which the sim is located. Using fine tweezers and being careful to avoid any static they have removed and reinserted the d=card a few times thus cleaning the contacts and restoring the facility.

You might like to remember the above if all other options are unsuccessful and the unit is out of warrantee

Doug