Removing items /categories from My Places

oars
oars Registered Users Posts: 16
Master Explorer
Good morning. I would like to remove two items from My Places.
First, Charging Stations. these are of no use/interest and I would prefer not to have them or be reminded to update the list.
Second , when I got my 6200 I transferred a file of destinations from my old Via 135 thanks to help found in the forum. The list which I called ''All from VIA''has now been weeded out and can be removed, but how ?
Grateful for any advice. Best wishes
Oars

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,809
    Answer ✓
    Hi @oars
    The charging station updates are a part of the embedded service for your TomTom GO 6200 like TomTom Traffic and map updates. The service cannot be cancelled, the updates can be avoided by de-selecting them when offered,

All your favourites/ my places should be listed when you are logged into MyDrive web.

We can go to 'My Places' and click on the delete icon to remove places you don't need.
    See below image-

piorvnas8e30.png

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,774
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    To remove the charging stations tap on the screen of your device:
    menu/Settings/Appearance/show Poi-lists on map and there set "chargingstations to hide

I don't know how you saved your last destinations from the via135, but if you saved them as a Poi list, they can be deleted from MyDrive.
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,809
    Answer ✓
    Hi @oars
    The charging station updates are a part of the embedded service for your TomTom GO 6200 like TomTom Traffic and map updates. The service cannot be cancelled, the updates can be avoided by de-selecting them when offered,

All your favourites/ my places should be listed when you are logged into MyDrive web.

We can go to 'My Places' and click on the delete icon to remove places you don't need.
    See below image-

piorvnas8e30.png

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,774
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    To remove the charging stations tap on the screen of your device:
    menu/Settings/Appearance/show Poi-lists on map and there set "chargingstations to hide

I don't know how you saved your last destinations from the via135, but if you saved them as a Poi list, they can be deleted from MyDrive.
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com
  • oars
    oars Registered Users Posts: 16
    Master Explorer
    Excellent response from Vikram and Lochfrass. Thank you. My 'all from VIA' file has gone and I understand that there is no way to permanently delete the charging points listing.
    Never mind !