9syhy3pnydm0.jpg
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Svendus_31492
    Svendus_31492 Registered Users Posts: 13
    Master Explorer
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    m10axm7scnii.jpeg
    A firmware update that make it possible for the Rider 550 to remember the checkboxes choosed by the user
    i think it must be a bug in the firmware? because
    Why should you have Check boxes in the first place?
    please fix this bug
    Thank You Svendus

Ps. speed cameras are expensive and so are the travelers time it is rather boring to wait for these slow 2,4ghz. updates every time you have to go 🤢

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Hi @Svendus_31492
    Your TomTom RIDER comes with embedded World Speed Cameras update service.
    The services that are factory embedded cannot be altered or deactivated.

Regards,
    Vikram

• lamelylounges
    lamelylounges Registered Users Posts: 10
    Master Explorer
    I find these updates pointless. I only want the speed camera info for my country or region. It would be nice to enhance either the current generation of Rider units or future units with the choice to select the countries for which you want the speed camera data. The setting should be sticky.

Basically, I find there are lots of updates getting pushed to my Rider 550 that don't apply to me at all. The GPS unit nags me to apply the updates, so you can't really just ignore them.

Further, from what I have read, you need to be careful about not just blindly accepting all of the updates in one big go, because it can break your GPS and require you to do some type of resets to get the unit functioning again. So instead, I only apply one type of update at a time. This makes those updates even more inconvenient, because you have to do them "one by one" and this can be very tedious and time consuming.

So - In a nutshell - it would be a much better user experience to allow a user to specify which updates they want (have this preference stick so that I'm not prompted to download updates).

Thanks for your consideration and attention!
  • Svendus_31492
    Master Explorer
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Svendus_31492
    Your TomTom RIDER comes with embedded World Speed Cameras update service.
    The services that are factory embedded cannot be altered or deactivated.

Regards,
    Vikram

Thank you
    so the only way are to disconnect the 550 to the internet or avoid the updates anyway a lot off 90 kmt. roads here have been made 80 this year and this changes have not shown up yet on the 🗺 Skandinavien map update
    i think your developers could fix the speed camera trouble with a firmware Update
    Regards Svendus 👍
  • Svendus_31492
    Master Explorer
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    m10axm7scnii.jpeg
    A firmware update that make it possible for the Rider 550 to remember the checkboxes choosed by the user
    i think it must be a bug in the firmware? because
    Why should you have Check boxes in the first place?
    please fix this bug
    Thank You Svendus

Ps. speed cameras are expensive and so are the travelers time it is rather boring to wait for these slow 2,4ghz. updates every time you have to go 🤢
  • Svendus_31492
    Master Explorer
    I find these updates pointless. I only want the speed camera info for my country or region. It would be nice to enhance either the current generation of Rider units or future units with the choice to select the countries for which you want the speed camera data. The setting should be sticky.

Basically, I find there are lots of updates getting pushed to my Rider 550 that don't apply to me at all. The GPS unit nags me to apply the updates, so you can't really just ignore them.

Further, from what I have read, you need to be careful about not just blindly accepting all of the updates in one big go, because it can break your GPS and require you to do some type of resets to get the unit functioning again. So instead, I only apply one type of update at a time. This makes those updates even more inconvenient, because you have to do them "one by one" and this can be very tedious and time consuming.

So - In a nutshell - it would be a much better user experience to allow a user to specify which updates they want (have this preference stick so that I'm not prompted to download updates).

Thanks for your consideration and attention!

This trouble the Tom Tom developers should be able to fix on a firmware Update
  • TigerRider
    TigerRider Registered Users Posts: 169
    Exalted Navigator
    edited August 2021
    @VikramK Hmmm. Might want to do the same fix for unwanted voice updates and perhaps other odd over-clever bits.

It occurs that the fix could be better done at TomTom's server end via a device or user profile similar to what we have here on this forum. This would be a whole easier to drive and maintain than via/through the device. For most of us it would be a fix an forget thing.
  • TigerRider
    TigerRider Registered Users Posts: 169
    Exalted Navigator
    It occurs to add that with a server end device specific profile it could hold the registered email address and send an email if this address is changed and track locations where the units are updated. Option selectable though the device profile held but easily relinquished on legitimate transfer.

This simple addition could well reduce any market in stolen devices.
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 412
    Supreme Pioneer
    Speed camera updates are automatically offered for download for “every countries map” you have installed.

So you can uninstall the maps for the countries you don’t need.

But for my Go Camper where I have a Europe Camper Map installed but only require Speed Cameras for the UK as TomTom does not supply a Camper map just for the UK I connect my device by USB to My Drive Connect and select Updates, then Speed cameras, first deselecting all countries and selecting just the UK, then press Update and “I got it”.

Return to your device, press > …. > Settings > Updates and it automatically updates just the country you selected earlier. This I find is quicker than deselecting every country I do not require on the Device. ;)
  • Svendus_31492
    Master Explorer
    Lost_Soul wrote: »
    Speed camera updates are automatically offered for download for “every countries map” you have installed.

So you can uninstall the maps for the countries you don’t need.

But for my Go Camper where I have a Europe Camper Map installed but only require Speed Cameras for the UK as TomTom does not supply a Camper map just for the UK I connect my device by USB to My Drive Connect and select Updates, then Speed cameras, first deselecting all countries and selecting just the UK, then press Update and “I got it”.

Return to your device, press > …. > Settings > Updates and it automatically updates just the country you selected earlier. This I find is quicker than deselecting every country I do not require on the Device. ;)
    the Rider 550 connect trough 2,4 Hz. Wifi i have only the Scandinavian map Active

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,826
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @Svendus_31492
    The (Wi-Fi) devices like your Rider 550 normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Then see option (2) In the link below... Connect over USB
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1743831/#Comment_1743831
    The MAX connection speed over 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi appears to be 72bps ???
    I usually update my Tomtom devices over USB....
    Using my GO Premium, I have just installed the World Speed Cams over USB... The World Speed Cam update is only 9 MB, the GO Premium updated in 1 Min 45 Seconds (Stop Watch)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Svendus_31492
    Master Explorer
    edited August 2021
    @YamFazMan We were able to Uninstall one speedcam in TomTom MyDrive Connect (Andorra) and no more
    0vha4lqrqdnd.jpg
    then we got this dialog window
    y6v6k1hxrnou.jpg
    Here after no other countries papered so we uninstalled
    World Speed Camera Life ...
    Size: 9 MB
    bwt60nk370vl.jpg

hate to say it but it seems rather buggy

zo6r4b53txrn.jpg

You have to click on this icon to manage your speedcams

miiej6r8lh2e.jpg

we installed Sweden but get the message not installed

the PC app MyDrive connect are open under the Update

4affv76kbbji.jpg

UPDATE THE UNIT THE EASY
    The latest updates are available directly at
    device via USB connection. You can use the computer
    internet connection to update the device.
    1. Make sure the device is connected to a computer and that the computer has
    Internet connection.
    2. Leave MyDrive Connect open on your computer.
    3. To update your device, touch Settings> Updates and new
    items and install any updates that appear.

Lastly we got it on 2,4Ghz 😳

2huthda0ouri.jpg

• YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @Svendus_31492
    I've also been playing around with the existing menu systems ;)
    My Rider 550 only has the Full Europe Map....
    So I can't test the following suggestion for my Rider 5xx World Speed Cam update... Also, from the images in your initial post, the Rider 550 appears to have a different Speed cam menu structure to the GO Premium

When updating a Tomtom Wi-Fi device over USB, the (Wi-Fi) device/s still uses the Onboard Menus of the Wi-Fi Device....

The workaround in the link below uses the MyDrive Connect Menu structure... Instead of the onboard Menu Structure of the Wi-Fi device/s....
    It works a treat, it's just like updating the previous NAV4 devices... But much faster as the (Wi-Fi) Devices update over USB on the fly, i.e... No Download/Upload/Install....
    See Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure

Note... Bullet-points (1) to (4) are using the USB & the MyDrive Connect Menu structure Workaround from the above link....

This works for me....
    Updating my GO Premium only installing the UK & ROI Speed Cams updates....
    Method....
    (1)... From the MyDrive Connect Main window, Click-on 'MY CONTENT' Tab --> Scroll down to 'MY SPEED CAMERAS' and INSTALL the World Speed Cam update....
    Note... I can't see a way to avoid bullet-point (1)
    If you don't install the full Speed Cam update, you are NOT offered the 'Uninstall' tab at bullet-point 2....
    At least, having the 'Uninstall' Menu option available, saves the chore of having to manually delete all the previously installed Speed Cam files one by one....

otpj3n2ulhn6.jpg

(2)... Using MyDrive Connect, Click-on 'MY CONTENT' Tab --> Scroll down to 'MY SPEED CAMERAS' and UN-INSTALL the World Speed Cam update....
    aqtx96k4rz0s.jpg

(3)... Using the MyDrive Connect, Click-on 'MY CONTENT' Tab --> Scroll down to 'MY SPEED CAMERAS' and hover the mouse pointer over the bottom left corner, when the downward arrowhead appears....
    Click-on the downward arrowhead ' V ' Icon....
    j8mng2va3kt1.jpg

(4)... Scroll down the list of Speed Cams and only install your required Speed Cam file/s....
    dxbpp5hossn2.jpg

MyDrive and the GO Premium reports You Device is up-to-date....
    fk7tmngrioba.jpg

I think when the next Speed Cam update is offered for installation... You will only need to follow the method from Bullet-Point (3) and only install your required Speed Cam file/s....

Reminder... Bullet-points (1) to (4) are using the USB & the MyDrive Connect Menu structure Workaround from... Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure

Stay Safe... ATB YFM.
  • Svendus_31492
    Master Explorer
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @ https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/profile/YamFazMan
    time will show if the Speed Cam updates become shorter
    the Pc interface are rather hide away type and far from intuitive 🤢
    you have to uninstall first
    and later install the country’s you want one by one
    the silly popup window take you back to start and you have to choose the next country 🥵
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @Svendus_31492
    (Snip)
    'Lastly, we got it on 2,4Ghz' 😳
    (Snip)
    If you are connected to your PC via a USB port and MyDrive is running in the background, You are not connected via the 2,4 GHz Wi-Fi Network....
    The USB connect will take priority over the Wi-Fi network....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down to 'Data Connection'

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Svendus_31492
    Master Explorer

Thanks
  • Svendus_31492
    Master Explorer
    edited August 2021
    It is Defiantly a Bug in the Firmware
    we got a 9,8 MB update to day including all countries in the World