Go 520 Can connect my iPhone6 to Live Traffic Services but only by creating a personal hotspot

Bolt12
Bolt12 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Can connect my iPhone6 to Live Traffic Services but only by creating a personal hotspot. I only have 3 gb of data a month and am worried it will use it all up. Why do I have to create a personal hotspot which I thought used stacks of data? If I am using my phone data what is the point of the Tom Tom. I might as well buy a cradle for my iPhone and use it directly.

Also, could I buy live services and have it loaded onto the Tom Tom rather than using my smart phone or does this device not allow two ways of using live services pleas.

Desperate to get live services. I used it on my old device which was built in SIM and it was great until it stopped working. This GO 520 is a spare device and before I buy yet another device I thought I would check with the user forum.

Many thanks

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @Bolt12

You have to connect your Phone to the GO520 for Traffic Data. According to Tomtom based on 1hours use every day for a month then the total quantity of Data for the month is circa 7mb. This will be affected slightly if the usage is during heavy traffic times.

Doug