I have problems with the voices on my Premium x

zoelayka
zoelayka Registered Users Posts: 14
Novice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hai there,
other voices are working on my Premium X but not the computerbased voices. I need these to get more info. The Dutch voice Xander is not working Eva is working well. My device is new. I already reinstalled it, and also reinstalled the voice.

Who can help me out with this
Tagged:

Answers

  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    By "not working" do you mean the voice is selected but you get a different voice? The voice is selected but you get no voice? Or you cannot even select the computer voice?
  • zoelayka
    zoelayka Registered Users Posts: 14
    Novice Seeker
    I
    big wrote: »
    By "not working" do you mean the voice is selected but you get a different voice? The voice is selected but you get no voice? Or you cannot even select the computer voice?

    I can select it, but it is not saying anything. Not on the road, and not when there are textmessages. Eva is working fine for the road but i want more information on the road
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Hi @zoelayka

    Have you got Warnings set to Read Aloud in Sounds and Warnings.
    Doug
  • zoelayka
    zoelayka Registered Users Posts: 14
    Novice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @zoelayka

    Have you got Warnings set to Read Aloud in Sounds and Warnings.
    Doug

    Thanks for that tip, i changed that at the computervoice,, but still don't hear anything but maybe i need to go drive a little bit to test it tomorrow
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Hi @zoelayka

    If you Tap Menu do the Icons either end of the volume bar have lines through them. If so Tap them to remove the line

    You don’t need to go for a test to see what will happen. Set a Route then

    Tap Menu
    Tap Current Route
    Tap Play Route Oreview

    It will now work as if you were on the journey and you can see what instructions etc you will hear.

    Doug
  • zoelayka
    zoelayka Registered Users Posts: 14
    Novice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @zoelayka

    If you Tap Menu do the Icons either end of the volume bar have lines through them. If so Tap them to remove the line

    You don’t need to go for a test to see what will happen. Set a Route then

    Tap Menu
    Tap Current Route
    Tap Play Route Oreview

    It will now work as if you were on the journey and you can see what instructions etc you will hear.

    Doug

    Hi Doug,

    At the end of the volume, the spoken button is on. The night vision has a line through it.
    when i do the test, i don't hear anything
  • zoelayka
    zoelayka Registered Users Posts: 14
    Novice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @zoelayka

    If you Tap Menu do the Icons either end of the volume bar have lines through them. If so Tap them to remove the line

    You don’t need to go for a test to see what will happen. Set a Route then

    Tap Menu
    Tap Current Route
    Tap Play Route Oreview

    It will now work as if you were on the journey and you can see what instructions etc you will hear.

    Doug

    Already answered you queestion here above but i have some extra info.
    I checked some other stuff but the voicecontrol doesn't work well aswell. After saying hello Tomtom, i don't hear anything. It does show the voicecontrol screen, but i don't hear anything. Also the microphone has a line through it, so i have to push that button to use it.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    Hi @zoelayka

    I would try the following

    A Soft Reset

    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

    If that does not sort it then a Factory Reset.
    Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

    Before you do the latter go to the MyDrive Website and check that all your My Places, My Routes etc is stored there so it will be restored after the Factory Reset.

    Doug
  • zoelayka
    zoelayka Registered Users Posts: 14
    Novice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @zoelayka

    I would try the following

    A Soft Reset

    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

    If that does not sort it then a Factory Reset.
    Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

    Before you do the latter go to the MyDrive Website and check that all your My Places, My Routes etc is stored there so it will be restored after the Factory Reset.

    Doug

    Hi Doug, already did both, as i mentioned in my original post. Didnt help
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    Hi @zoelayka

    Let us see if @VikramK has any suggestions once he has looked at all the things you have tried. Look back here tomorrow.

    Doug
  • zoelayka
    zoelayka Registered Users Posts: 14
    Novice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @zoelayka

    Let us see if @VikramK has any suggestions once he has looked at all the things you have tried. Look back here tomorrow.

    Doug

    ok doug i will checkin tomorrow again.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Moderator
    Hi @zoelayka
    Could you remove the voice, and then perform a recovery mode?


    Once done, download and test the voice...

    Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • zoelayka
    zoelayka Registered Users Posts: 14
    Novice Seeker
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @zoelayka
    Could you remove the voice, and then perform a recovery mode?


    Once done, download and test the voice...

    Thanks,
    Vikram.

    Unfortunately not working (tried that before, and now again) only get the bleep sounds and the sounds are set to speak. It is getting very frustrated, because i bought this new last week from the tomtom site. Should i contact support or do you work for tomtom
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Moderator
    zoelayka wrote: »

    Unfortunately not working (tried that before, and now again) only get the bleep sounds and the sounds are set to speak. It is getting very frustrated, because i bought this new last week from the tomtom site. Should i contact support or do you work for tomtom

    Yes, please. Let our customer service team investigate this further.
    Helpful link- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

    Regards,
    Vikram.
  • zoelayka
    zoelayka Registered Users Posts: 14
    Novice Seeker
    VikramK wrote: »
    zoelayka wrote: »

    Unfortunately not working (tried that before, and now again) only get the bleep sounds and the sounds are set to speak. It is getting very frustrated, because i bought this new last week from the tomtom site. Should i contact support or do you work for tomtom

    Yes, please. Let our customer service team investigate this further.
    Helpful link- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

    Regards,
    Vikram.

    i got in touch with support, that didn't help, so i had to send a video. Now they are investigatingn it, but it will take untill tomorrow. I dont understand why it has to take this long. It is a new device