TomTom GPS Watch serial # HB3494G00162

MLaroche
MLaroche Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, I own TomTom GPS Watch serial # HB3494G00162 and found out it is no longer being supported. So what do I do with the watch now? i have and still own a Garmin GPS. I guess I should have never tried TOMTOM as now I am forced to buy another sports watch with golf GPS. Are there other options available?

Best Answer

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    The watch you own is a Golfer 1, which was discontinued at least 6 years ago and TT Sports went out of business almost 4 years ago.. How long do you expect it to be supported for? The problem is the memory on the watch is too small and the code too old to take any more updates so it is at end of life. It will still function it just will not get new course updates. Live with it as it is or replace it, but 6+ years for a consumer product that was budget end in the first place it perfectly reasonable.

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    The watch you own is a Golfer 1, which was discontinued at least 6 years ago and TT Sports went out of business almost 4 years ago.. How long do you expect it to be supported for? The problem is the memory on the watch is too small and the code too old to take any more updates so it is at end of life. It will still function it just will not get new course updates. Live with it as it is or replace it, but 6+ years for a consumer product that was budget end in the first place it perfectly reasonable.
  • MLaroche
    New Seeker
    I guess i should have stayed with the Garmin product. My Garmin GPS is 10 years old still accepts updates and works like a charm. Really appreciate the feedback thank you.
  • MLaroche
    New Seeker
    Usually when you spend that kind of money for a sports watch you expect it to last a little longer. JMO