Mazda NB1 Live services stopped working with existing live services subscription

Gm20028
Gm20028 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
Hi . Live Services renewed at end of December 2020. Within last 7-14 days live services has stopped working. In attempt to fix after approx 1 week have reset device (information sharing is enabled). Any time you attempt to access any live services menu you receive a perpetual swirling circle. Before resetting if attempting to use live services you were immediately returned to Map or menu and Unable to get into any live services options. Network shows not connected. Please help

Best Answers

• Gm20028
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thank you - but what is the e-mail address / contact details for customer care?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Gm20028

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,417
    Exalted Pioneer
    write to customer care to check
  • Gm20028
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thank you - but what is the e-mail address / contact details for customer care?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Gm20028

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • Gm20028
    Apprentice Traveler
    thankyou both .... contact now made
  • Rob_B
    Rob_B Registered Users Posts: 6
    New Seeker
    Did you get fixed ? I have the same issue, no live traffic services on Mazda NB1, even though the subscription is thru to July next year
  • Gm20028
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi.

I ended up using the live chat feature (see comments from above contributors ) once logged into the website and received the following help which worked for me

With me, support were interested to see if I was logged into the device (I don't remember logging in at the time it stopped working!! )

I was asked to:

1. Connect Mazda SD Card to a computer via card reader and then open TomTom HOME
    2. In the top left menu of TomTom Home, click on Help > System information

They seemed to be interested in
    Login status = User is logged in (although support asked me to log in to tomtom home when I connected the SD card - but there you go!!)

3. Then Make sure you logout of tomtom home
    4. Use tomtom home to disconnect so the SD card can be safely removed
    5. insert back in car and try again
    6. If that doesn't work try factory reset whilst in car and allow information sharing

The above worked for me

You could try a live chat with them as above suggested (If i remember rightly, needed to use chrome and not edge)

Good luck!
  • Rob_B
    New Seeker
    Thank you for the reply. I note on the HOME system information page it says Traffic=N - that might be a clue - I will get in touch with support again.
  • Rob_B
    New Seeker
    OK - I was told by customer support to reset my device, and after it is reset, to not log in to the tomtom account on the device itself. If you log in to your tomtom account on the device after a factory reset, for some reason the Live Traffic services do not work. I hope this helps others who have the same issue.