Smart Media-System: 64,95 EUR for "EUROPE - 90 DAY MAP UPDATE SERVICE" -> seriously? — TomTom Community

Smart Media-System: 64,95 EUR for "EUROPE - 90 DAY MAP UPDATE SERVICE" -> seriously?

ta0801ta0801 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
My Europe map in my Smart is on v10.40 and Iike to update.

When I bought my Smart two years ago, a three years Map package was around 60 EUR available.

Now TomTom wants 64,95 EUR for three month?! seriously?

Please TomTom: Do something about that:

I was already disadvantaged anyway, because the radar camera updates were turned off - although I am already aware that this is also due to Mercedes.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
    Hi @ta0801
    I looked for the prices on our map shop(Ireland) and it shows a different quote-
    2uumxei7htd9.png

Link- https://www.tomtom.com/en_ie/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/europe/

An annual subscription allows you the download around 5 maps (latest + 4 maps released during each quarter).

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • ta0801ta0801 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi VikramK,
    I don't believe, that I can purchase these maps for the build-in device of my smart.
    (btw. I would be still quite expensive for only 1 year, but with a discount voucher maybe ok... :) )

When I am logged-in with my account I have to click on "Update my device":

teoit2kwnn1p.jpg

6scsin30q60d.jpg

After that, there is directly one item in my shopping chart, nothing to choose from:

edgp72dae9iz.jpg

When you are living in the UK, it costs even 100 pounds!!!45d91ucn1ork.jpg

;)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
    Thanks, @ta0801
    The website seems to be acting a bit weird. Could you please report this to our customer service team?

Helpful link- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/de-de/articles/360015568919

Regards,
    Vikram
  • ta0801ta0801 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    just fyi:
    I just contacted TomTom Support via Chat , but my chat partner did not consider this as an error:

"It is the marketing price that is set for the updates"
    later he wrote:
    "This is the management decision to decide the price of the product. I will forward your feedback."

I don't believe, that this will change anything :/