voice instructions not working on the go supreme device

ABhatti
ABhatti Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
I have a go supreme device and noticed that voice based instructions not working on the device. How do I turn it on, also does it affect its working since the device is connected to my phone using bluetooth.

Lastly, 3D view I thought was supposed to show the buildings animation but I see nothing in the device while driving just flat plain land.

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ABhatti

Firstly if you are getting No Voice instructions then Tap Menu and the Icons either side of the Volume Bar have a line through them. Any that do then Tap them as the line indicates the the function is turned Off.

If you mean that you do not get verbally advised of Cameras just a Ping then you need a Computerised Voice selected in Voices.

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ABhatti

3D buildings only occurs in major towns or cities and not everywhere if that was what you were expecting.

Re the lines. Let’s see if they occur again. In the meantime maybe a Soft Reset will sort it.

When the unit is on Press and hold in the On/Off button for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound when you let the button go. The unit will restart and the files on it will have been tided up but you will not loose any of you settings etc.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ABhatti

Firstly if you are getting No Voice instructions then Tap Menu and the Icons either side of the Volume Bar have a line through them. Any that do then Tap them as the line indicates the the function is turned Off.

If you mean that you do not get verbally advised of Cameras just a Ping then you need a Computerised Voice selected in Voices.

Doug
  • ABhatti
    New Seeker
    thanks, I found the voice bar, it was at 0% that explains why I was getting no voice instructions when driving.

As for the buildings, I thought that major buildings will get a 3 D rendering, but all I see is the flat land rendering in the navigation view and occasional lane assist when about to split in the highway.

One more thing, this is a new device but I noticed that during the last week when i used it first time I saw some lines in the screen for few secs when screen went blank as the device turned off and reset, those lines appeared again and then went away and screen is clearly showing everything as intended after that device has been working fine, should I be concerned.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ABhatti

3D buildings only occurs in major towns or cities and not everywhere if that was what you were expecting.

Re the lines. Let’s see if they occur again. In the meantime maybe a Soft Reset will sort it.

When the unit is on Press and hold in the On/Off button for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound when you let the button go. The unit will restart and the files on it will have been tided up but you will not loose any of you settings etc.

Doug
  • ABhatti
    New Seeker
    thanks Doug,

really appreciate your help, yes I was not in major towns so thanks, will have to make a trip I guess ;)

I will keep watching and have been rebooting many times or just shutting off the device when I am not using it.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @ABhatti

Your welcome. I am 20 miles from the centre of London and around here no buildings are in 3D. If however I go to the centre of London then 3D appears.

Doug
  • ABhatti
    New Seeker
    thanks Doug,

you are very kind.

thanks for your help!