Differences between Rider 550 with or without Premium Pack

PierreDeCoeur
PierreDeCoeur Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I need to know the difference to be able to chose the best for me.

I'm just a biker, without a car, so the support for the car is no use for me. What about the rest? Is it worth the price?

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @PierreDeCoeur
    Maybe useful....
    There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 and the and the Tomtom 'MyDrive App' and the advanced Smartphone features... If you can live without the bells & whistles i.e... (Smartphone Messaging) of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....

Some tips you may want to see/try....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1741299/#Comment_1741299

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 304
    Supreme Pioneer
    Difference is just those extra accessories.
    Some bluetooth issues as you will read the forum.
  • PierreDeCoeur
    New Seeker
    Bluetooth issues with the Rider 550?

I've bought my first Tom-Tom motorcycle GPS in Belgium., a bunch of years ago, but I've had issues that were not solved by the service, so I switched to Garmin that was even the "stock" or recommended one for my last travel cruiser, a Victory Vision. But it begun to fail on my "lifeboat", a KTM Duke 690, and all my biker friends recommended me to switch to Tom-Tom, so here I am. :-)

If it's for music and comms, I never used Bluetooth on my touring bikes, as they had a speaker radio/music system stock (BMW, Victory and so on). Now on the Duke, the wind noise and the engine roar is too high to hear anything, anyway. So I would like to hear more about these Bluetooth issues, but I don't think they will bother me.

Thanks of the info.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @PierreDeCoeur
    Maybe useful....
    There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 and the and the Tomtom 'MyDrive App' and the advanced Smartphone features... If you can live without the bells & whistles i.e... (Smartphone Messaging) of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....

Some tips you may want to see/try....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1741299/#Comment_1741299

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PierreDeCoeur
    New Seeker
    I use an Android phone and I don't drive and chat, so it's not a problem for me,

Thanks for the info.