How do I gain access to my TomTom Go Discover instruction panel?

ArtFunk
ArtFunk Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
How do I gain access to my TomTom Go Discover instruction panel?

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ArtFunk

If you have a destination set and it is not showing then try a Soft Reset and if that does not solve it do a Reset My Device from Settings hi/System.

If you are doing the latter Reset then before you do it check on the MyDrive Website that your My Places/My Routes etc are saved in your account so they will sync back onto the unit after the Reset

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @ArtFunk

What do you man by the Instruction Panel?

If you are referring to the Page with all the white writing that you are used to getting by holding the ON/OFF button in until it appears then try the following.

From fully Off Press and hold the On/Off button in until Tomtom appears on the screen
    When Tomtom appears release then immediately repress and hold the Button in until the white writing appears.

Doug
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Or maybe you mean you want to display the list of turn-by-turn instructions on your route?
    If that's what you'd like, the easiest way is to tap the box on the upper left which shows the next turn. Then the screen will change to the list of all the upcoming roads and turns.
  • ArtFunk
    New Seeker
    I'm referring to the display that shows the sidebar (in red) on the right and the distance to the destination or the next turning at the upper left. Up till now (I'm a new owner) I have not seen a side bar.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @ArtFunk

You would appear to have the Side Bar set as Autohide. It will appear when some situations warrant it.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Map and Display
    Tap Side Bar.
    Tap Always Visible if that’s what you want and Extra Large if you want that as well.

Doug
  • ArtFunk
    New Seeker
    I have it set to Always Visible but it never is. :-(
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    @ArtFunk

It only appears when you have a destination set.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ArtFunk

If you have a destination set and it is not showing then try a Soft Reset and if that does not solve it do a Reset My Device from Settings hi/System.

If you are doing the latter Reset then before you do it check on the MyDrive Website that your My Places/My Routes etc are saved in your account so they will sync back onto the unit after the Reset

Doug
  • ArtFunk
    New Seeker
    Thank you. I believe my problem is solved now.