Making calls with 550.

britfin
britfin Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
With my old rider v4 making calls was easy. Now, having been forced to upgrade to the rider 550, I can't seem to be able to make calls with my phone in my pocket. I have a Huawei P30 lite and I just can't figure out how to make calls through my TomTom device. Can anyone help me please?

Best Answer

• TigerRider
    TigerRider Registered Users Posts: 169
    Exalted Navigator
    Answer ✓
    @britfin, and don't get me started on how annoying the kin thing is accessing all the fiddly little options with motorcycle gloves on. The Rider 2 was loads better. Simpler yes, maybe be a bit clunky but loads easier to use sat on a motorcycle.

Designed by clever folk in an office to impress managers in an office.

Answers

• TigerRider
    Exalted Navigator
    @britfin neither can I and I've ranted about it here for ages and no one has bitten.

The call management on my beloved Rider 2 was very good but as they made the things smarter it got worse. My Via135 phonebook management was shite, far too easy to miss select but at least there was a phonebook. On the Rider 550 there's no internal phonebook to reference and you need some external service to dial via voice.

With my Rider 2 I could connect my Dumb moby and make calls. Now its Smart moby as minimum but with very variable success.

I don't do Alexa either.
  • britfin
    britfin Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    The 550 is fiddley, complicated and lust not as good as the Rider 2. The 550 is just NOT rider friendly, I think it was designed by the same person who designed the car mode and a great example of a company that is just out for profit.
  • TigerRider
    Exalted Navigator
    Answer ✓
    @britfin, and don't get me started on how annoying the kin thing is accessing all the fiddly little options with motorcycle gloves on. The Rider 2 was loads better. Simpler yes, maybe be a bit clunky but loads easier to use sat on a motorcycle.

Designed by clever folk in an office to impress managers in an office.