Why is the client support page rederecting to the forums?

Jr212
Jr212 Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
edited July 2021 in Forum feedback
I want to ask a question to clientsupport and ones I loged in I'm redirecting to the forum when I'm not loged in there is no email to send to. :(

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Hi @Jr212

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When you have signed in then Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • Jr212
    Apprentice Seeker
    I also work from home. With office number. No problem. Just some good it people. Not all:)

I'll test monday
  • Jr212
    Apprentice Seeker
    won't accept my password :(
  • halo572
    halo572 Registered Users Posts: 20
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Because a lot of large companies have taken the virus as an excuse to massively scale down customer service to avoid having to deal with any problems.

Tom Tom is a perfect example of the worst I have come across in the past 18 months, they have taken the decision to completely withdraw any direct customer support other than a cut and paste webchat staffed by employees that can do no more than cut and paste the same inane responses, have no product knowledge and are simply there to stonewall you.

I guess they are saving a lot of money short term, long term I hope customers remember this and take their purchases elsewhere.

After 15 years and a GO Premium that I can't get working after just 2 months and they won't help me they have lost me for good when I go to buy another unit.

Thankfully my credit card company isn't hiding and I will chargeback the unit price and look to what I will buy next.