Failed equipment go supreme tomtom black screen

Lainey
Lainey Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited July 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I purchased a Go Supreme Tom Tom s/n ZE.. I was very pleased with it until the other day the screen just went black in the middle of a trip. No it won't turn back on. It just comes up with Tom Tom on the screen and does not do anything else. It does not work at all. I need to know how to return this GPS and get a replacement. I am in need of this and would like to resolve this matter as soon as possible. My significant other was recently diagnosed with CLL Lukemia and we have several doctor visits to attend and I need this navigation system to get to where we need to go.

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    @Lainey

Are you powering your device via the original cables connected to the original cigarette lighter charger? These new series of GPS devices are very power hungry (5V 2.1A) and cannot be connected to a vehicles USB port as that only supplies 500mA at the most.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @Lainey

You will have to contact Customer Support if you wish to arrange return for repair.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug