I have two suggestions to make re UK maps.

NIgelC-H
NIgelC-H Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Revise the reading of road numbers to match how they are spoken in UK. If it is a single or double figure it is as the number is spoken. e.g. A4 is A four and B43 is B forty three but above that each number is spoken separately eg B4293 is B four two nine three. I find the current system is both irritating and confusing when the voice says B forty two ninety three - I start looking for the B42. Most other satnavs and smartphones cope so I'm sure TomToms can.

The other suggestion is incorporate the new UK clean air zones as options to avoid like toll roads and ferries etc.

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,543
    Revered Voyager
    you write on forum
    try send email to customer care
  • NIgelC-H
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for the advice - will do.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    NIgelC-H wrote: »
    Revise the reading of road numbers to match how they are spoken in UK. If it is a single or double figure it is as the number is spoken. e.g. A4 is A four and B43 is B forty three but above that each number is spoken separately eg B4293 is B four two nine three. I find the current system is both irritating and confusing when the voice says B forty two ninety three - I start looking for the B42. Most other satnavs and smartphones cope so I'm sure TomToms can.

The other suggestion is incorporate the new UK clean air zones as options to avoid like toll roads and ferries etc.

You are writing on the forum for the Touch heart rate monitor which was discontinued many years ago. if you want this to get any attention post it on the right forum.
  • NIgelC-H
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes thanks - I'll re-post in the right place.

• practical
    practical Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker

looks like tomtom wants to lose customers fast. The clean air tax zones are crippling the roads and transport system and of course tomtom go 5000 is not blocking the tole zones for clean air just updated mine but now looking at other sat nav makes that are keeping upto date. If i travel south of my base the sat nav takes me though a air tax zone I am based in north Birmingham plus knowing other zones in the uk will help with buying goods or delivering as I do not buy from places in a air tax zone or deliver to them. and tomtom is falling short I have life long map updates. For me just remove the roads altogether as they are no longer roads for the general public. and yes the road reading numbers are wrong and jane often gets her left and right mixed up so you have to take your eyes off the road to check her. dose not happen often thank the gods
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    practical wrote: »

looks like tomtom wants to lose customers fast. The clean air tax zones are crippling the roads and transport system and of course tomtom go 5000 is not blocking the tole zones for clean air just updated mine but now looking at other sat nav makes that are keeping upto date. If i travel south of my base the sat nav takes me though a air tax zone I am based in north Birmingham plus knowing other zones in the uk will help with buying goods or delivering as I do not buy from places in a air tax zone or deliver to them. and tomtom is falling short I have life long map updates. For me just remove the roads altogether as they are no longer roads for the general public. and yes the road reading numbers are wrong and jane often gets her left and right mixed up so you have to take your eyes off the road to check her. dose not happen often thank the gods

Please see the prior post. This is a forum for a watch that was discontinued 5 years ago. You might want to post it elsewhere, so it gets attention.