Unpaved roads

pilotmike55
pilotmike55 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
On this latest trip using Myrouteapp.com and my rider 400 to plan a route that the Rider 400 is routing me down unpaved roads even though in the route planning software and the GPS both have avoid unpaved roads checked. Also when just setting a destination with only avoid unpaved roads the GPS will still create a route using unpaved roads, even though there are many routes to the destination that have all paved roads.

I did an update for maps and system on 7/18/2021 so everything should be up to date. Since I was traveling with a fairly new rider it was a BIG SURPRISE to all of a suddenly be routed onto a road that was unpacked gravel.

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    These are Gpx that you use or itin
  • pilotmike55
    Apprentice Seeker
    I am importing the route as a gpx into the Rider 400
  • nabu
     Superuser
    in gpx format, the preferences for unpaved roads are not taken into account

at least that's my opinion
  • pilotmike55
    Apprentice Seeker
    But it happens even when I just select a destination on the Rider 400.
  • nabu
     Superuser
    edited July 2021
    I only see one chosen reset it to defaults or factory setting mine never takes me on unpaved roads

• TigerRider
    TigerRider Registered Users Posts: 169
    Exalted Navigator
    Guys, I'm guessing this is down to the lemons that report road detail to the map data generators. In essence the route is deemed good.

Same here getting fast routing along roads declared as UK maximum but unsafe much above 40.
  • pilotmike55
    Apprentice Seeker
    Also somewhat related is that I also had avoid interstate highways and it kept wanting to route me down the interstate.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    Hi
    @pilotmike55
    Tomtom Rider devices....
    Reported Problem = 'Avoid on every route' + 'Unpaved roads' is ignored....
    I recall this as being a compromise to a 'No Route Possible' error
    When the Thrill route option was introduced, in certain circumstances where a user had set 'Avoid on every route' + 'Unpaved roads', the device reported 'No Route possible'... When in fact there was a route possible but using 'Unpaved roads'

Stay safe... ATB YFM