Unable to select My Vehicle in settings on GO Camper

JimLaw
JimLaw Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
When I have the Morrocco map loaded, the My Vehicle icon disappears.

What settings are being used to calculate rutes?

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JimLaw

If you have downloaded the individual Morocco map from the list of maps available in the Add a Map option then it is a car based Map and so inputting vehicle details is not available.

Amongst the maps that are listed are 4 that have the word Camper in their description and theses are the only ones that offer the option to input vehicle data and all the other maps are Car based. The Europe Camper map does not include Morocco.

Doug

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Try the full Africa map view
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JimLaw

If you have downloaded the individual Morocco map from the list of maps available in the Add a Map option then it is a car based Map and so inputting vehicle details is not available.

Amongst the maps that are listed are 4 that have the word Camper in their description and theses are the only ones that offer the option to input vehicle data and all the other maps are Car based. The Europe Camper map does not include Morocco.

Doug
  • JimLaw
    JimLaw Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the replies.

I don't remember seeing anywhere prior to purchase, or in the documentation, that vehicle settings only function on Camper maps. While I can understand that Camper POIs are not available on all maps, I would expect that gross weight and height restrictions would be taken into account.

Very disappointing and this should be more explicit in marketing materials.